Sole Survivor rework!

Options

An idea I had to hopefully fix and make Sole Survivor not only better but also more healthy as a perk:

As more of your friends fall to the Killer, you become shrouded in isolation and the Killer's Aura-reading abilities towards you are disrupted.

Whenever another Survivor is hooked, Sole Survivor gains 1 token, up to a maximum of 9 tokens.

Each Token grants a stack-able radius of 6/7/8 metres within which the Killer is unable to read your Aura, up to a maximum of 54/63/72 metres.

Increases the odds of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

"It was the boogeyman." — Laurie Strode

This idea came to me when I was thinking of Yun Jin's Fast Track perk and how it generates token based on hook states rather than people dying outright. Sole Survivor currently only gains tokens if your teammates outright die and are out of the match completely making it rather unhealthy in my opinion. You're banking on your allies to die so you get aura reading protection which isn't even all that great in my opinion. Generating tokens on hook states fixes that problem and by scaling down the distance per token/raising the token cap you can still achieve the current maximum range at tier 3.

What do you think?

Comments

• BoopMySNOOOOOT
    BoopMySNOOOOOT Member Posts: 13
    Options

Honestly, not a bad suggestion. Same perk but it doesn't really rely on your teammates dying which I feel like is a poor game mechanic. Not to much power off the bat but as the game progresses it'll get stronger. I think I would change it to 5/6/7 meters perk token though. 63 meters is more than enough. Honestly I think the only value in this perk would be countering BBQ late game and info perks like I'm all ears or against spooky Myers.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

+1 and props on this amazing suggestion my man!

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Heh, pretty good.

Sole Survivor could really use some love. Now that Laurie's other perks have all been changed it'd be nice if Sole Survivor got the same treatment.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

I feel this counters way too many things too soon and for the rest of the match especially since after 4 stacks t1 myers is now useless, and most other killer aura reading addons and perks are near unusable after that point, Hellshire iron, Amanda's letter, compound 21, vanity mirror, all seeing blood, nurses calling, im all ears, undying, lightborne, deer stalker. The amount of stuff it counters so soon and easily makes it really annoying to deal with and like a much stronger distortion

but even then the perk still would have anti synergy with object of obsession so I think the perk could be reworked to do something different while still affecting auras and blocking them

Start the trial with 3 tokens, after unhooking a survivor consume a token, the next time their aura would be revealed block their aura being read for 8 seconds, this effect lasts for 50/55/60 seconds (only blocks aura once during duration), if their aura wasn't blocked by this perk during that time you see the killers aura for 5 seconds