At least when I had potato survivors I USED to have the satisfaction of confirming their low rank..

Options
MTK
MTK Member Posts: 77

After the game ends in the results screen. I guess that just randomly had to go away because bhvr made a bhvr decision. Having a blast rn guessing what mmr hellhole I could possibly be being matched with urban evasion spine chill survivors crouching for the entire 15 minutes of the map and touching the gen for 4 seconds before crouching away yet again when they see spine chill pop for 5 nanoseconds

Comments

• MTK
    MTK Member Posts: 77
    Options

But why would anyone with a right mind want this to be permanent? Its only purpose is literally being a bandaid and nothing more. People have been pointing out flaws about the pipping/rank system for years. And the devs failed to address it time and time again so the next best solution they can think of is hiding it so nobody can see it? That's supposed to be a solution? I guess the standards of this community really has plummeted.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    Options

Rank means absolutely nothing in this game. When I had actually managed to make it to red ranks, I seen many many red ranks crouching in corners, bushes, or hiding in lockers and seen many rank 16s surprise me because they did so well. Or I genuinely thought they were green rank at least.

Potatoes lie in any rank so this test will just confirm that, I guarantee it.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244
    Options

Ranks does not equal Skill. That's why the ranks are hidden, and it's for the better. Not once today have I seen anyone insult each other using ranks as a weapon. With more changes like this I can actually see BHVR curbing the growing toxicity that has become a problem in the game.

Next update I would recommend is changing from the Survivor/Killer Icon to the characters display pictures.

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

Okay, let's imagine a game where you completely stomp all the survivors and afterward you see they were all Brown ranks.

Now, imagine another game where you stomp them and they are a mix of green and purple.

Finally, the last game you play, you do terrible and everyone escapes. You look and it's a mix of yellow and green.

What information would you have missed other than how long someone has played?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I once had a game where a survivor was basically impossible for me to catch and used literally every pallet on the map, whereas the other 3 didn't do much, one was literally just hiding at the end when exit gates were on the other side of the map. After the game, I found out it was a rank one with three rank twenty players. It made a lot of sense and explained a lot. At that point, I was used to a lot of low red rank, purple, and high green ranks. So to have such a jarring match so easily explained by ranks left me less confused than I otherwise would have been, I suppose.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I have caught rank 1s easily and been disgraced by rank 16 players that hard carry their team. So it doesn't matter, but it does give me an idea of what I was dealing with as a whole rather than just "avoid that David. He will run me for 5 gens" or "make sure not to hook that poor Bill a 3rd time by accident."

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    edited August 2021
    Options

I mean, that’s not gonna stop people from talking #########. My first match tonight, one of the other survivors was talking ######### to Ghostface because he had a mori and a paid skin.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 953
    Options

I guess we have to go back to the old-fashioned way: judging people's skills based on what skins they're wearing! /s