Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Random disconnects and crashes

Coder
Coder Member Posts: 747

I've played against a couple of streamers whose game disconnected, I got disconnected randomly at the beginning of the match, I've seen at least two survivors randomly disconnecting (I don't think they quitted on purpose, since they weren't even being chased and the match was kinda chill, not like a killer camping or something).

And finally I got disconnected and penalized for 5 minutes.

9 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777

Yep the random disconnects are back. Two out of my last three games have had connection errors, I received a time penalty, I did not get my points, and I did not get credit for the rift task I completed. This is bad form, please fix or stop the penalties until you can get it fixed. It is not fair when you lose all rewards for playing a game and are penalized for something you cannot control. I can confirm I did not lose internet connection, I did not dc, but the game thinks I did.

• mochabear
    mochabear Member Posts: 2

This has been happening to me as well. However, I’m still getting the blood points but I am up to a 30 minute ban now. I’m afraid to even attempt playing anymore over fear of getting permabanned.

• sleepy_knight
    sleepy_knight Member Posts: 116

Got yeeted to main screen so I got reported for leaving :D Friend still in game told me that two players (survivor and killer) sent a report despite him saying it was a legit dc not rage quit. So that's nice I guess. My connection was not at fault.

I still do not understand why is rage quitting reportable when there's a dc penalty.