Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hatch Issue; Survivor standing on it? Killer can close?

KweenPlease
KweenPlease Member Posts: 305

Sorry I had a weird situation a few times that have come up and . . . I'll be waiting on hatch to open and I'll be standing on it waiting for it to open and the killer will come up to me and shut it with me on top of it? Yet we can't open it if killer is on top of it?

and it's not like I'm waiting or anything. It opens and I'm like on it like pressing the button while also circling while ever stepping off of it trying to get the pop-up to jump.

This is on Ps4. Is this a bug or is there a reason for this?

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951
    edited August 2021

There may be a problem there, Killer does have first priority on Hatch cause closing the hatch is faster than jumping in.

Its been a while since I have gotten hatch, BUT as far as I remember You only seem to be able to jump into hatch from one angle.

We would need to check:

1. Can you jump into hatch from any angle?
    2. Can you crawl into hatch from any angle?
    3. Can you open hatch from any angle?
    4. The 3 above with Killer standing on Hatch too.

• KweenPlease

You can't get into hatch with killer standing on it is the issue. Yet they can close it when you're on it. Are we solid or not? lmao

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

You can't get into hatch with killer standing on it is the issue. Yet they can close it when you're on it. Are we solid or not? lmao

This is normal interacting, it has always been like this. The Killer is blocking it

• KweenPlease

HOW are THEY blocking it if IT IS ME who is on it and they just ran up?

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I've been told killers get priority with closing the hatch when both parties are at it at the same time. Perhaps it even applies if you're already on top of it as a survivor.