Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I LOVE SBMM

Finally for the first time in 3 years of dbd, that im happy playing with randoms. With SBMM game match me with people with my same hours I have 2k hours and get matched with others survs with 2k-4k hours. Before SBMM i was continuosly matched with new players 10-20 hours every game. I hope they turn on SBMM permanently

Comments

• entitydispleaser
    entitydispleaser Member Posts: 31

Spoken like someone who only plays survivor

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Damn, I feel bad for that killer. There should be something to show killer how much he needs to try-hard...

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

During the day when my survivor queues are good, I seem to get mostly great survivors. I just played with EdgarAlanBro. I'm not sure why. I doubt I am anywhere near his level. Most of the killer's we have gone against can't seem to keep enough pressure on unless it is a ruin, undying, tinkerer blight, with a couple exceptions from a decent oni and wraith.

At night when my survivor queues are long, I get anything and everything. Last night I played a game with a survivor that didn't know what borrowed time really did. They said they didn't have many hours in the game compared to my 2100. Most of the killers I faced were not at the same skill as me either. I'm sure this is to alleviate long queue times.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

I agree. As far as Survivor's go the vast majority of matches I had as a solo went very well! My teammates were very competent though one issue may still be that some crybaby Survivor's are still immediately suiciding on their first hook against certain Killer's. Just had that happen against a Spirit with a 2-Man SWF group suiciding. So sick of this immature mindset...grow the f up people.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

My survivor and killer matches have been kinda mixed. Roughly 2-3 survivors will be actually good while 1 guy will be just absolutely awful

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Good for you man, you may be the only person on the entire planet having a good time with it. You've been spared by the entity from this agony

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

It was terrible for me, but I think it's most likely I had a few bad games and then was in such a mood that everything seemed terrible.

I'll play tomorrow after playing something else, and see if with a better mood, I see things on another angle.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,190

This is mmr is so solid. Strong survivor teammate vsing really good killers players and very hard killer games. no longer is it about pub stomping people at random skill levels.

• cyniChris
    cyniChris Member Posts: 207

Meanwhile, I'm in MMR hell.

I just ran a Trickster through 3 gens after finishing one myself, then did half of the last one. He never even injured me during this time. Exit gets blocked with No Way Out, he downs me with NOED after I run out of pallets, and I die on my first hook because he facecamps and my team do nothing.

Am I right in assuming I'm punished in this "skill-based" system for this? Because this is how the majority of my survivor games have been. These have been the worst and most stressful survivor games I have played in three years of playing this game. If this is permanent, I'm done.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Almost every survivor match is a sweatlord Blight main with multiple slowdown perks and speed/alchemist's ring add ons. If we get an indoor map and decent teammates, we might get a 2 escape.

Matches that aren't Blight/Nurse result in gens being done by the time the killer gets 3 hooks, someone gets face camped/tunneled, and the rest escape.

Matches last 4-5 minutes. No fun. No Memes. No mercy hatch. Just sweat. The burnout is real.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

I'm starting to think the RNG built into the "flaws" in the emblem system actually keep the game interesting. If every match feels like this test, I can't play nearly as much. It's just not enjoyable.

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

Yup, all "slow" killers are impossible to play now in average++ rank.

But it's not a buff killer problem, it's a remake maps problem. Many maps are too big and have too many windows, pallets, generators are impossible to defend.

• JohnWeak

Rank up and you will end up with selfish players to the point they won't help you once if you are in chase (take a hit or block the killer). There are now many games where one guy got tunneled and end up P3 while two other survivors are still P0 and didn't help at all.

I'm wondering how the MMR is calculated for players who got tunneled the whole game and couldn't touch a generator or do any saves ending up with 10k points and dying. Do they consider this as a derank ??

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348

I totally agree. this matching system is bad! sweaty games, salty killers and most of the time incompetent or unhelpful companions! this matchmking is only good for poor killers!

• JohnWeak

We need to let the SBMM do its job for some weeks before saying it's bad. For now, my experience is mixed.

We dunno how BHVR calculate the skill level. I just hope that selfish players are not rewarded and derank, same for ppl falling too fast in chases etc...

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

Lucky. I still get a good game, but die, then play with people who try to urban evade a Legion.

• BeanLag
    BeanLag Member Posts: 94

Yeah because its totally balanced for the killer to play 4 guys with 2000 hours vs 1 guy with 2000 hours

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 151

I have 2k+ hours as well and have been playing for 3ish years (Since the ghostface update). I have had the exact opposite experience. potatoes every single game with no competent survivors ever unless I SWF (which I hate doing). Every single game I get killers who don't know how to use their M2 or mediocre green rank killers who I get chased by for 3+ minutes every game until I die and get one hooked. Then my team dies from noed or leaves.

SBMM has completely halted any fun I've had with the game, it's non-stop pub-stomping, carrying and my soloQ experience was much better when both rank meant something and I would never get less than a purple in any game as a rank 1 killer and survivor of old system.