Bully Squads Make Me Genuinely Upset

Options
mrhexed
mrhexed Member Posts: 1
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

I just don’t understand why some people feel so entitled as to flat-out bully killers.

I’m never going to complain about ‘gen rushing’ because I know that’s the survivor’s objective and like… what else are they supposed to do?

But I constantly get put into games where I’m t-bagged, looped and spun around 24/7. And I’m not an experienced player in ANY sense, I don’t know how to counter them.

Even with Bamboozle and Unbreakable to deal with loops I always miss my hits because of their 10000% sensitivity that allows them to spin around like ######### tornadoes.

I know I sound a little pathetic, I’m not even really asking for anything, I just wish I could enjoy killers more.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

Unfortunately there's not a ton you can do about it until you either get the experience you need to know how to handle them. Nine times out of ten, your best weapon against a bully squad is slugging and patrolling the slugged person. It sucks, it's tedious as hell, and it's super boring but a lot of times it's all you can really do against them.

It's not very useful advice but all you can do is try not to let them get to you. If that means you have to just walk away from the game in the middle of it and let them bully each other instead, so be it. I know it's frowned upon to go AFK but if they're gonna be jerks and not actually play the game and just try to beat you down instead, F'em, walk away. Ideally you can just play and not let it bug you but I know from experience that is WAY easier said than done.

• Ladyinadress18
    Ladyinadress18 Member Posts: 243
    Options

I’ve been playing as Doctor with an anti healing build. I’ve been destroying these teams with flashlights by spamming my power on them so they can’t use the flashlights ✌️ I actually look forward to facing these teams. BUT! I’d probably rather die than play agaisnt these teams as the Trapper HAHA

• Draxlore
    Draxlore Member Posts: 78
    Options

It's easier said than done at first.....but ignore the BS teabagging and let them show their insecurities.

Once you find the right killer and learn the techniques needed, you will begin bullying the bullies using tactics that will bring them to these forums complaining about you. Trust me...look at all the hilarious threads about tunneling...lol.

I, as well as all other killers were in your shoes. It does get better....especially if play for your own fun and don't worry about the people you're trying to kill.

Good luck and and I hope you find your groove.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Don’t play PvP games if moving pixels hurt your soul.

• Fred_krueger
    Fred_krueger Member Posts: 163
    edited October 2022
    Options

This games becoming very unfun. Healing and gen speeds are out of control.

Top tier perks are basekit. Solo q is trash.

The difference between low tier and high tier killers is ridiculous.

• Superbeasto1974
    Superbeasto1974 Member Posts: 141
    Options

It also doesn't help that MMR is a total joke. I'm a Bronze III as killer. I just loaded into a lobby with an obvious swf, and one of them was (and I kid you not) a 46 Prestige. What the actual f***?!?!?

• Superbeasto1974
    Options

In my opinion, the experience a player should get out of DbD should be on par with going to a really good haunted house during Halloween, or watching a really good horror movie. I really feel this is the spirit in which the game was conceived; the thrill of survival horror and slasher films. It's been taken over by the COD and Apex and Overwatch crowd, who seem intent in turning DbD into an e-sport. It's incredibly frustrating.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

Not trying to disregard the OP feeling about game experience but if you complain about 360's, then most matches will seem like a bully squad to you.

The only advice is to play & get more experience, nothing else.

That's the nature of most online games that are around for years, you can't expect to jump in and destroy opponents right away.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Missed the part where anyone was complaining of 360s. That is not a bully squad.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Pft, personally, I was forged from Deathslinger's post nerf tears.

But I enjoy being fairly bully proof.

• Superbeasto1974
    Options

At the end of the day, though, there's only so much a killer can do; he or she is just ONE person. And yes, with years of commitment and practice, some killer mains can end up disassembling 4-man swfs on comms. However, 1) not every player is going to be capable of that level of play, no matter how much time they put in, and 2) this is a GAME; players shouldn't have to feel like they're training for the Olympics just to enjoy it.

• CoDismylife
    CoDismylife Member Posts: 327
    Options

I constantly get put into games where I’m t-bagged, looped and spun around 24/7.

Skill issue. And not a tiny, actually massive skill issue. Go to YouTube and learn the basics of the game

• CoDismylife
    CoDismylife Member Posts: 327
    Options

I have the most fun in these. Easiest 4k stomps if you know how to abuse their altruism

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

You can't do anything against them! That's why it's so infuriating.

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279
    Options

just afk hide on basement facing the wall and do nothing untill all gen completed, open the gate for game finishing

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

The real problem is everyone wants to pretend this game is real life instead of an amusement tool for bored people, outside of chat nothing in game is toxic that's within the rules, Have you tried loosening up and trying to make friends with any of those people? That's another thing people take it so personal over a game they want to insult someone who may have bm them in the match instead of learning to laugh and move on, I had a guy just 2 months ago my SWF trolled with a sabo build and instead of crying on here about how unhappy he was he friended us and we play all the time with him, I even paid the dudes water bill because he was in a tight spot this month my point being you can't judge people's actions in a video game as real life unless you try to befriend them and they're still jerks for no reason, people are here for laughs and jumpscares and having fun with friends, not to show respect in a video game you use to get away from the real world, I mean how do you guys play any other multiplayer games that allow way more bullying tools than this? Do you play GTA and hide yourself online because you're scared the bullies might show up? I'm genuinely curious

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

cant do anything against them eh?

I think thats more of a skill issue tbh

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

You dont see the irony in your comment dont you?

What kind of party game would dbd be if you couldnt play with your friends.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    Options

Getting 360'd is one of the most annoying things about playing killer in this game (and the game I just played had me missing 5 or 6 hits in a row at one point before I remembered to counter - was still a 4K), but you can learn how to get around it. The key is to bait them out like you would an old Dead Hard, and then, after they try their little 360, back up slightly, aim low (the hitbox is weighted more towards the floor), and do a basic (not lunge) attack by tapping the key or controller quickly instead of holding it.

Takes a little practice, but you'll get the hang of it.

Once you've figured how to do that, you'll be excited to see bully squads in the lobby, because if their main focus is annoying you, their main focus is not on doing the gens.

Tip: Tunnel, tunnel, tunnel. The most important thing you can do against groups like this (especially SWFs) is to just get someone out of the game as soon as possible. Some people consider it scummy, but it's not like the survivors care about whether or or not you're having fun.

Another tip: when it's a true bully squad, facecamp the ######### out of them. Not just to punish them, but because squads like this can't help but go for the rescue over and over again even if you're having a round-the-clock staring contest with their hooked buddy, and if you're running Forced Penance and STBFL (like I was these last few games), you can knock their game completely off-balance for the rest of the match in the process of trading a hook or two, leading to an easy win.

I find that it's usually better to get them on hooks and facecamp them. If they're really a bully squad, they're going to be following you around with flashlights, so either be careful and look at walls when you pick up or else smack them (slug if necessary, but not necessarily systematically) until they run away to heal and then hook.

Thing is, half of them are going to be running Unbreakable (For the People isn't too uncommon, either), and hooks work much faster than slugging at getting someone out of a match (which should be your primary goal, ASAP, against a bully squad). They also feel more of a need to respond to hooks than slugs, and they'll go for the stupidest saves even if you're straight-up facecamping, even though they might not try to heal someone out of the dying state right in front of you seeing how you can just put the other survivor back on the ground immediately and maybe injured them in the process.

Slugging is also going to be a bad habit to get into going forward since Unbreakable is going to be basekit eventually.

Their ego is the biggest weapon you can use against them. They feel entitled to every save and confident that they'll get every unhook and walk away clean.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

The reason people do it is because they feel strength in numbers and know that they can get away with a lot. If it was a 1v1 that would not happen in this form. Pretty much everyone sometimes feels like they have to absolutely dominate to make themselves feel better. For some folks bullying is just that. Asserting dominance. I don't like it and I try to just play good with a weak build instead to make myself feel like I really played well. Maybe we should all be a little more calm and considerate towards others. We can have fun without going out of our way to bully someone, can't we?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

The reason why we cry "skill issue" is because we quite literally dont get bullied. I have been in the past when I was a newer player, but over the years Ive been able to deal with it. Cant even remember the last time I was "bullied". What I can remember how ever is the last time a group attempted it when I was playing Trickster and they got absolutely bodied. They went into that match clickin, t bagging, and attempting all sorts of crazy stuff, only to call me a "boring killer" in the endgame.

TLDR: We "cry" skill issue for a reason, nothin complicated about it

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Looping and spinning is not bullying, but I get your point.

Dealing with a squad that's much more skilled or coordinated than you feel you can deal with is never pleasant, but can be disregarded as an mmr blooper. Them adding BM to injury is where it gets really problematic.

I think the best way to go learning how to handle playing killer is, weirdly enough, empathy. If you play survivor, than you know surely, surely most survivors are your average gamer just looking to have fun and do their best, same as you. Then there is no reason to get anxious expecting bully squads left and right, because (at least in my experience) actually mean-spirited opponents are not as common as we fear.

I found learning to separate being outmatched from being bullied a great way of reducing my pre-match anxiety and helped me get a clearer head during the games.

I hope you won't give up on playing killer because of some bad experiences. I promise the community is not as toxic as it is reputed to be. I've met several friends playing killer, and plenty of survivors that were fun or genuinely nice. :)

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

Each bully squad has to be dealt with differently. For my suggestion when I think of a bully squad, it's a flashlight sabo squad. If you are able to get one hooked, facecamping is a great way to deal with them as well (just don't get baited into swinging/going after someone not going for the unhook, stay disciplined).

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,735
    Options

I don't think it is a case of skill issue if people complain about it, I still win most of my games against these teams but it is an incredibly un-fun experience and a win feels hollow since it was not fun getting it. I suspect that is the issue for many people when facing bully squads - they often throw due to being thirsty for flashlight saves and altruism but they also prioritise making the killers life miserable

• Superbeasto1974
    Options

No, you don't seem to understand the difference between a party game and a competitive one. I never suggested people shouldn't be allowed to play together. Explain to me how the presence of a bully squad lends itself to a party atmosphere.

• Dead_Harder
    Options
  • Superbeasto1974
    Options

I thought it was pretty clear: we need two separate lobbies. One for the 4-man sweat squads & bully squads and the experienced killers who want to take them on, and one for casual players who can't or don't want to play the game like it pays their rent, and have a good time.

• Dead_Harder
    Options

Oh yeah thats what i thought you meant. Than yea your suggestion is pretty ironic <3

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Getting 360d is almost exclusively a console issue. You're probably on PC. 360s exploit the auto aim and terrible controller dead zones so they punish console killer players. Just another way that it's clear that BHVR doesn't care about the console player experience

• Superbeasto1974
    Options

How? It doesn't prevent friends from playing together, and it preserves the fun atmosphere that a party game should have. What kind of parties do you go to, anyhow? 😂

• pocajohnny
    pocajohnny Member Posts: 219
    Options

I'd gladly take a longer Q if it meant I'd be going against Survivors that don't stomp. At least have some type of option. This one size fits all match making rating/ranking just isn't working...

Oh never mind.. I forgot we are playing a simulation of IRL hockey. It's fine then.

• Dead_Harder
    Options

Cause saying if you want to play with your friends you should have to play with 'sweaty killers' is the exact opposite of what a party game does.

You want dbd to me more competitive, not more party game-like. I know you wont understand why or how but yeah <3

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 345
    Options

Do people purposefully ignore the issue here or are they genuinelly dense.

Losing because you lack skill isn't the problem. The other team using every tool in their arsenal to get on your nerves so it's easier to win is the problem.

I'm all for losing matches if we all have a pleasant experience, but if people turbo-flashlight my ass or teabag me to annoy me because that's their concept of "fun", that's where I draw the line.

I've won matches against teams like those and still I find them the worst experiences I've had in the game. If I could exchange a 20% win rate for a life not having to face asshats, I'd take it on a heartbeat.

But then you say you want ######### banned and of course they come out of their holes like cockroaches and immediately go like "I think you're taking the game too seriously lol". No, man, I just started the game to have fun and someone decided to bring psychological warfare as if their entire worth as a human depended on winning that match.

• Superbeasto1974
    Options

I'm a killer main, and when I play survivor, I solo queue. I never said anything about playing with my friends, because I don't play in a swf.

Whatever it is you're smoking, snorting, dropping, shooting up, or taking rectally, I think I want an ounce of it.