Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hackers are...annoying to say the least, what can I do about this?

I started recording my games because my first match of the night was against a team of people who did all 5 gens in less than 1 minute and insta opened the exit games.

I believe I played against them one more time in Ormond, this time I just left the game, I noticed there was hacking because I could hear gen repair noises all around me(which at first i thought was just a bug), then I couldn't hook a survivor I downed. During endgame chat, the person, or persons hacking started typing racial slurs and somehow they were using my username to do it. Luckily I have that recorded, so if I get banned, I will be able to show that I didn't type any of it.

Obviously, because the hacker was using my username to type his slurs, I have no idea who they were, so I couldn't report them in game... So is that it? Is there nothing I can do about this? I can only defend myself if I get banned, but otherwise these people are just gonna continue doing their thing?

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Keep your recordings just in case.

And sadly there is nothing you can do, I still see the same hacker I found about 7-8 months ago, they haven't been banned yet.

So yes, there is nothing you can do other than have evidence that you didn't do anything bad.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

That's a sad sad state of affairs I guess... But at least I got proof that I didn't do anything. Kinda crazy how these people can just use your username to say this stuff that can get you permanently banned.