Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should I watch Hellraiser?

1miko
1miko Member Posts: 268

And why?

Honestly I dodge any kind of gorey movie, I completely despise the genre, I can definetely tolerate a comprehensible amount of it but definetely not the level of e.g. Saw; but I've seen a lot of talk and positive criticism towards HR and how it has a decent plot and interesting development plus the following tweet:

This was referenced as actually canon, making me think the movie might be worth it since it's not just plain evil boring antagonists.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,160

From what I remember, it's quite cheesey by today's standards, although it doesn't hold back on trying to slap on as many examples of pain as possible!

There's some fun lore to dive into, and the designs are quite fun. I think the horror is much more about what your imagination brings to the table. But it's worth giving it a go. But as I say as a warning: although the gore is cheesey, it still looks very painful.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

Like @Marc_go_solo said, it’s a bit cheesy now with the effects being dated. But it is pretty gory.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Sure. Its a bit dated and could be viewed through a bit of a goofier lens if you watch it with modern standards. But if you go in unjaded and just wanna watch a cool movie, hellraiser is pretty fun. Very gory and has some really great costume design.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

Thank you all for the feedback!!

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

The first two films are great. They have a lot of body horror, which might be off-putting for you, but the plot is fantastic.

I'd recommend watching them back to back if you can since they tie together. Part 3 is fun too, but not as good. Avoid part 4 altogether lol