Solo survivor and MMR

Options

So I’ve noticed that when playing solo survivor while MMR is active, it seems like I’m only getting matched with other solo survivor players, or at least other solos are the vast majority of my teammates.

(I can tell they’re solo because I get a lot of the same survivors in my lobbies, but separately - so a Dwight that I played with last round will join my lobby, but with none of the others from the previous match. There are also a lot of people who will load in alone, or two will load in together then one of them will leave while the other stays, etc.)

Has anyone else noticed this? It’s really obvious and it’s starting to weird me out, and making me wonder whether solo play has different MMR criteria than people in a SWF.

Comments

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

IT might be, and i think it should be. And yes, i have the feeling i get more solos also, and not just potatoes.

I still think swf messes around with the mmr.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

I have a lot of complain about mmr but the solo experience with mmr is awesome. Im kinda tired to see 2 or 3 kindred per loadout but the game a far better compare to before. So for solo when they put mmr for real i hope they keep the same system for the swf and killer they need a change

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Interesting, well at least I’m probably not going crazy if other people are having the same experience.

I can’t imagine how it wouldn’t mess with things, honestly. Most games with SBMM seem to limit the range of ranks that can play together. I guess DBD is sort of a special case since one weaker survivor can kill the entire team. But if you have a high MMR team mate and a low MMR one, I wonder how it pairs you with a killer.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

My experience of teammates has definitely been better with MMR for the most part. I’ve had teams that seem to understand the game well so that’s been much less frustrating.

That said it does feel like a team of solos against a strong, experienced killer with a full slowdown build is still at a noticeable disadvantage because there’s so much you can’t communicate or coordinate. I think my experience with MMR has made me change my mind about the difference comms actually make; I used to think the poor matchmaking was the main reason solos have it harder and that comms weren’t that big of a deal, but I’ve changed my mind a bit (at least for games with MMR matchmaking rather than the old system).

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Most of the solo i got start running before the killer get to them. So whatever the killer it was they rarely get a kill cause of that.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Solo player here and I still get SWF in my team all the time.