Hatch doesn't go to "whoever finds it first"

2»

Comments

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

"As survivor, if I find the hatch first, but the killer has time to look for it after hooking the only other remaining survivor, then the hatch goes to the killer despite them NOT finding it first."

Not always, the survivor has a bit of an advantage in that they can search for the hatch whilst the Killer is engaged with defending gens and chasing other survivors. I think if you have located the hatch, and remember where it is, you have a good chance of getting their first, unless you're just unlucky and the Killer happens to hook the last survivor in that area

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

How do you know who found the hatch first? What if the killer sees the hatch while chasing someone, but can't stop to cover it up or whatever? Hell, if the killer finds it while chasing someone and decides to interact with it, chances are that survivor will now know where it is.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526

Hatch should favor Survivors, that's the whole point of hatch, to escape.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

That's true but it doesn't currently favor survivor. If killer knows where it is, which is usually true, then there is no escaping it. Killer easily slugs the third to prevent the fourth from using it. Or he can always get there before they are sacrificed.

To make it fair, the killer should have to find a key to lock it. A quick stomp is not fair when the chances of finding a key is almost zero.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited August 2021

If the killer kills 3 of the 4 survivors, I'd argue that the killer is far more deserving of the hatch than the survivor. You've effectively lost, why should you get a pity escape? It exists purely to not have the end-game last forever and to give the survivor a chance, which is a bit silly since the last survivor should feel like all hope is lost and accept their inevitable death, realistically.