The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Response times to support tickets are unacceptable.

Pepsidot
Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

I reported 2 cheaters 6 days ago. One progress cheater and a blatant cheater throwing hatchets as Legion. For both I gathered evidence such as screenshots or videos. For the cheater throwing hatchets as Legion, it took me at least 30 minutes. I recorded the cheater for a few minutes, uploaded it to youtube, waited for it to process, added it to the form, found my and the cheaters steam64ID and filled in the rest of the form.

They're still not banned and all I've had is an automated response saying "We haven't forgotten about you!". I'm writing all this out of frustration since I literally just left a pre-game lobby since the same cheater (the cheating Legion) on the same account was in my lobby. So they've had 6 more (and who knows how much more) days of cheating due to the poor support response time.

It's really discouraging, it makes me feel like not to even bother spending the time to report cheaters anymore. The response times are unacceptable.

Comments

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Not to excuse the support team, but just last night I got a message from another player telling me to enjoy an incoming ban since they reported me for working with the Killer. I was doing the Calm Spirit challenge in the rift and sent everyone to Midwich so I could just urban evade around the courtyard. I did help complete the courtyard gen and healed people, but the remainder of the game I immersed in the bushes. I ended up getting a completion, but everyone including me was sacrificed, and a salty Survivor decided it happened because I was working with the Killer.

Now, heres what I believe support sees. They see this report, so now they have to watch this game from both mine and the Killer's perspective. They have to analyze every interaction and movement, before concluding that no, this Kate did not work with this Spirit. Again, guessing here but Id say that's at least an hour or two of work but most likely more.

Now, imagine that but times a hundred. We hear thw devs say don't report for tunneling, camping, bming, etc., but we all know players do so anyways. Whats probably happened in your case is your game is literally piled under so many trash reports that it's taking a while to get to.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

The time that I need to even make a report, makes it so that I don't report anyone anymore.

• daheadonu
    daheadonu Member Posts: 5

I've reported 3 cheaters with video evidence in the past month and have gotten no replys either I highly doubt they look at them tbh

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Update: Still no response after 17 days. That's 17 more days of potentially cheating and ruining other people's games. I had the blatant cheater in my pre-game lobby just a couple of days ago.

This is really poor.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

My guess is that the team responsible for analysing reports and dishing out bans is understaffed. Although, it's entirely possible that I'm wrong as I have no insider information. I would imagine that they're bombarded with dozens or even hundreds of reports each and every day. Trying to get through them all would be a nightmare. So it could be that they're understaffed, or it could be because it may be difficult to address the sheer number of reports. Or it's both.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

You only have to check the view count on your report video to realise that they're not being looked at.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

And that's why they want the Auto Ban system. they don't have people for Support or don't care. Either way there's basicly no Support whatsoever.