We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Stranger Things from a lore perspective...

Options
yobuddd
yobuddd Member Posts: 2,256

With the cancellation of the chapter, are we to assume that Nancy and Steve are the first to ever escape the Entity’s realm? Or have they had their Hope drained to the point that the Entity no longer has any use for them?

Or is it just business as usual since people will still be able to use the characters, albeit no new players joining in to keep the usage high?

I admit I’m not super invested in the lore, so forgive me if my question is just downright stupid 🤪

Comments

• ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal Member Posts: 326
    Options

Well people will still be able to play them just no one will be able to buy it after that date who doesn't already own it.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,223
    Options

Although I'm wholly unfamiliar with ST, if Steve and Nancy supposedly escaped the Entity and go back to their roles in Hawkins, there's no way they don't suffer from severe PTSD.

I'm guessing it's either non-canon entirely, or alternate timeline shenanigans.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

Quite some time back, I heard that some did escape, but because of the sheer number of people involved that number was almost inperceptible.

I have no idea how, where or who said it though. However, if some did escape, where would it take them? With so many portals open, what wouldnbe the odds of escaping to your own world?

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    edited August 2021
    Options

I'm going to assume that they escaped and the Demogorgon followed them. Also let's not forget Jonathon, lore wise he's a new character and not just a skin so safe to say he found a way out with Steve and Nancy

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    edited August 2021
    Options
  • CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Lore wise, I like to think the ST characters are somehow really bad in the trials, which makes the Entity place them in trials more rarely.

Demogorgon is just a mindless animal, I imagine they struggle to do basic things like put survivors on hooks and damage gens (Demogoron does damage gens but that's just passive, they don't really know they're doing that and aren't conscience of the gens).

Nancy is too busy trying to find ways to kill the dang things after her, observing them. I will say I do think she could be good in chases but if she gets out of them she's planning on killing the killer, so unless the Killer is on her 24/7 she's basically useless.

Steve is recklessly altruistic, but unlike Bill isn't Smart enough or skillful enough to justify his actions. I imagine him trying to do gens but if he has the feeling anyone's in danger he'll try to help them, and it isn't uncommon for him to die first. He also doesn't even give off much hope, he doesn't inspire others by being a veteran soldier like Bill, and while Steve would like to Survive I still see him protecting others if needed, especially when he sees his friends Nancy and Jonathan.

Jonathan I feel is the best plaything for the Entity out of the cast, but that isn't saying much. Admittedly he does give off a lot of hope, I imagine he desperately wants to see his brother again, and wants to be there for him during his weird adventures. Even though it's in completely different fields, I think Jonathan is the most familiar with technology being the Photographer so maybe he could do a generator. He seems smart, I think he could be a decent looper. The problem here is I don't think he'd trust the other survivors, he didn't trust his mother during season 1, dislikes a large majority of people, didn't have a lot of faith in Nancy for Season 3 (during the first half, I think. Haven't seen him in a while). Unless he sees a friend in trial, I don't see Jonathan communicating well with his team (I know Yun-Jin and other survivors are also loners, but I never said they'd be good in trial)

• [Deleted User]
    Options

This is the lore explanation i believe

They are still here... they are just... out of stock.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,940
    Options

They'll probably just pretend they were never in the game to begin with.

• MudSpit83
    MudSpit83 Member Posts: 102
    Options

Lets be realistic here, Steve, Nancy, Demogorgon, and probably Jonathan too were all thrown into the void. The 3 kids probably didnt make it out of the Entitys realm and probably didnt put up too much of a fight against killers like Spirit, Myers, Freddy, Nemesis, Pyramidhead, Blight, etc.

Demogorgon is just a dumb animal that the Entity hoped would get a bunch of survivors sacrificed but often failed most of the time. So it probably threw him into the void along with Steve and Nancy.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

It's likely alternate timeline shenanigans.

The Steve, Nancy, and Demogorgon that were all taken and kidnapped in the realm of the entity are likely from a different albeit nearly identical version of earth / parallel dimension.

This means that they aren't the specific Steve and Nancy we know and are familiar with from the show- so that the events of Dead By Daylight are completely unrelated and do not affect the ongoing events of the show in any way. However, they are similar enough that basically everything we know and learn about Steve and Nancy from the show and the events that have occurred therein are applicable to the versions of them that we see in Dead By Daylight.

The same is likely true for literally every single licensed character in Dead By Daylight. Not the exact identical version of Michael Myers, or Nemesis, so as to keep the chronology and timeline of these characters intact- but alternate reflections of them from parallel worlds that are so close it hardly matters.