Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

why does trickster exist?

i thought this was a horror game, seeing some fruit loop run around with blue walmart cashier hair and a baseball bat doesnt exactly immerse me in this game.

Comments

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

To appeal to the KPOP crowd.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited August 2021

Because insane artist that's willing to kill for their work is a thing.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Woops... forgot horror is only for the most grotesque and horrible bloody monsters.

Better dump half the roster. Not spoopy enough bhvr!

Horror comes in all shapes and sizes. What is spooky to you isn't to others.

You don't need to go dumping on other people's joy. If you don't like Trickster don't buy his chapter. As for seeing the fruitloop in game you are gonna have to deal with his flamboyantness... along with the other 30 neon party skins we have lol.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I'm fine with Trickster's existence and accept that there are people who like him. I hate virtually everything about him myself, I think that the character would have been a lot cooler if he didn't have the obnoxious K-Pop theme. The concept of the character is very tryhard to me. People say "he's scary because he's just a human being". Well I mean yeah, people like Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer are scary, but they lured their victims with nothing but charm and good looks. They didn't wear bright cartoon colors, kill for the sake of being edgelords, then turn around and create music augmented with people's screams. To me that jumps way over the line between "scary" and "silly". The Trickster isn't a "regular human being" to me, he's a flashing neon disco ball of a gimmick. I'm not even going to get started on how dull he is to face, that's already been discussed to death this summer.

So no, I don't like the character. I don't like his look, his design, his concept, I don't enjoy facing him, and I have no desire to buy him so that I can play him. I think he's the sore thumb of this roster (and, while this is entirely anecdotal, the people I've shown this roster always point to him and ask why he's in the game as well). That said, again, some people love the character and that's cool too. This game isn't made just for me and my particular sensibilities. Just as I hate when people go on about how much they wish a map would be removed simply because they don't like it, I would never call for Trickster to be removed just because I don't like him.

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305

For real. They wanna be like " Add SpringTrap " but Trickster is somehow cheesier to them?

and I'm like . . . but Trickster could be real?

How is a possessed evil serial killer robot. . . killing people in a pizzaria. He is literally a Chuck-E-Cheese horror story.

That is somehow less cheesy than a sociopathic, narcissistic musician having a mental snap. Manipulating his music producer into a manic fear-filled frenzy and going a murder spree on his climb up?

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    edited August 2021

Yeah there's a good man in a suit who gives candy to children and hosts parties.

FYI, the guy I'm talking about is Dean Corll.

One of the worst serial killers to exist.

• I want a FNAF chapter, and All-Kill is actually my favourite original chapter

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

to be sexy handsome

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

Chuckled. You're gonna get a warning from the mods OP lol

But I agree.

That movie was hilarious lmao Nothing like the Vincent Price version.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

Imo, All-Kill is the main reason why they have no excuse to not do something like FNAF.

Sort of like when Freestyle Claudette won the design contest, there was no longer any viable excuse not to do more shirtless cosmetics for guys.

• Skyost_AB
    Skyost_AB Member Posts: 42

I always see this on Trickster threads and you really can say that about every killer in the game. Yeah you know uhhh Spirit and Oni are you trying to appeal to weebs that like japanese culture, Oni isnt even scary ugh, have you seen that school girl cosmetic for Spirit? Cringe. Yeah you know uhhh Deathslinger is only trying to appeal to FPS gamers ugh, a gun? Real killers use knives. Yeah uhhh there's people that think clowns and doctors are scary, when they only look dumb, what are you doing BHVR.

Nothing about this game is scary anymore, really the scariest thing is the survivors, and that's fine. There's silly cosmetics, silly killers and that just makes the game more fun, because if you are playing DBD looking to get scared, you'll be dissapointed. Trickster is fun to use and brings a whole new vibe to the game, he's meant to represent real life psychopaths and he is a lot scarier than half of the killers just because how hard it is to survive on a short wall loop. He has a place on this game.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

That checks out because Ghostface and Trickster are my two least favorite killers to go against. Boring and for some reason, the players seem to be really toxic.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

His chase music are literally screams of victims.

Read his lore.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

There's nothing scary in this game if you played it for more than 20 minutes. Nothing.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    edited August 2021

How dare we want a killer with a non-typical appearance.

ETA: We also have a killer that can dress like a giant rabbit or have a silly elephant head, but teal hair is your line in the sand.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Meh, Trickster isn't for me, but if people like him, let them have their fun. I like some of his Perks at least. I have Michael Myers, Pig, Ghostface, Leatherface and now Pinhead to really appease my Horror hunger. I can deal with a few misfires/Killers that don't interest me (I was initially interested in Deathslinger but ended up not liking how it felt to try to play him).

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Trickster doesnt scare me. Nor do most of the killers. Plus i pretty sure clown already feels the "this killer is closer to reality" personally Trickster is one of those killers thay clearly didn't have any thought put into anything but his design which is lead to his power sucking. And thats the main issue when a killers power plays awfully he really does just seem like the devs went "hmmm whats popular? KPOP!"

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

Thing is, he has the whole K-pop thing going on, but they couldn’t have gone into the actual really, really grim side of that industry without greatly alienating the demographic it was aimed at. He only has the “pretty” side of K-pop, which feels out of place in DbD to some. His story as it is now could have been any musician’s, and it wouldn’t really have changed much. His power is also wholly unrelated to the theme, and he himself feels a bit superficial as a result of that. Why does he throw knives? Oh, he learned that as a kid. How is that K-pop? There’s the whole neon aesthetic, sure, but again that feels superficial when there’s not much else K-pop going on.

He feels like he’s licensed, without any reference to what he’s supposed to be from.

Ironically, Yun-Jin does this far better, and she’s the survivor for crying out loud.