Freeze cause reports

Options
beccai
beccai Member Posts: 9

I don't know if this is somewhere I can get help with this, but it gives me problems on DBD.

I have this problem with my computer where it freezes for a few seconds (3-5 sec), and then get back again. This causes me to get reported for lagswitching as a killer on DBD. I don't know how it looks like for the survivors, but when my computer freezes while ingame, everything stops and when it gets back, my killer resume with whatever action was taken (hitting, running), as if it was paused. The action doesn't even continue in real time while frozen, not even for the survivors i guess. And the survivors occasionally run into a wall or just stops, confused. I don't know if they can't move or anything, but it makes them think I lagstiwtch, and I'm tired of it. And when I try to tell them my issue they don't believe me, thinking it can't affect them as an issue with my computer. But of course it does, since I'm the host. They play on my server, anything that causes the game to lag or break for me while ingame on an online game, will do for them as well.

I tried everything to fix this, my temp is low (40-50c), nothing overheats when it freezes either. DBD runs on low quality. My computer parts are less than a year old (I had this problem before as well). I updated my graphics and motherboard. I have basically nothing on my computer (programs etc.). It's not the internet, it happens to the whole computer regardless of the usage of internet or not, also other people here can play with no problems and also still with just as good computer parts. The only thing that's left is it might be the RAM not working well. Although it should, it's new and 8GB and of course compatible. I heard that the RAM can cause freeze/lag problems if not sitting properly onto the chassi, but idk. I can't figure out the problem, anyone has had the same issue? Please help!

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Here is the problem, people who hack, Disconnect and/or break other rules will (hopefully) get banned, be it temporarily or permanently depending on the situation and the action the Mod wishes to take. If your computer loses power or the game crashes and you get disconnected you won't be banned for this as its something that (for most) will happen so few times in the course of your play history. This however will still get you in trouble if its a continued issue because both the system and the Mods cannot distinguish the difference every time. If its a common ongoing problem (be it innocent or not) it also affect the game of everyone else and you will likely get a temp ban or a warning should it continue. To some this may not seem fair as you have tried to fix your issue however it isn't fair to the others with whom you are playing.

I would say you are highly unlikely to be banned for "hacking" with your situation but I would say there is a possibility you may still get a temp ban regardless of the issue since it seems to be a common situation affecting everyone who plays against/with you.

• beccai
    beccai Member Posts: 9
    Options

Sorry, I accidentally posted multiple posts of the same issue. I discussed it more in this post:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/185786#Comment_185786

I understand it's not fair to other players, therefore everytime I try the game out (as killer, as it's most noticable there) after trying to fix the issue yet again I try not to play serious, so they won't go off and die because of my problem. However, some see that as just a failing attempt of lagswitch. Others understand my problem and are grateful I don't take advantage of the situation. So it's not all reports and madness in the chat, but I want to prevent it from getting further of course.

Since like I said, whenever it freezes, my killer pauses the action and become lifeless in the game it surely must look like lagswitch. So they others can actually record the situation and send to devs, who will probably definetely deem it as lagswitch. So I really can't play the game properly anymore.

I got some help in the other post, where someone said it could be my version of windows. Because both versions 1709 and 1803 has caused freezing problems for alot of people Some who has the problem with 1709 doesn't have it with 1803, and the other way around. Some have the problem with both.. I did have version 1709, so I switched to 1803 a couple of days ago to see if that would work. I still get freezes though. Chances are both 1709 and 1803 will cause freezes for me, but not necessarily other versions, I don't know yet. But other than that, it could be my motherboard or RAM i guess. I'm still trying to fix it, it's driving me crazy.