The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is playing stealthy wrong?

13»

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
    edited August 2021

Playing stealthy is fine as long as you are not being a useless team mate in my opinion. If you're still doing gens, going for hooks saves, and able to keep a low profile against the killer then props to you.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

A-ha. It seems like we may have been on the same page (in that particular regard) and may have been ensnared in a misunderstanding.

• FentV1rus
    FentV1rus Member Posts: 112

Play how you want to play, and don't worry about others.

A bit of personal opinion though, try to fit BT in your build. It can be pretty important in higher ranks, especially if you have a big brain killer. BT forces the killer to waste a hit, and it gives the unhooked survivor a free speed boost/escape. If I happen to be near an unhook, I always do a BT check if able. This lets me know whether or not a particularly survivor is running it. If I find out they aren't I will try to capitalize on this later in the game.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

If neither one is doing gens and both are opting to hide indefinitely, they're just holding the game hostage.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Depends on your stealth. Theres nothing wrong with being stealthy, but if you are stealthy at the cost of generators or your teammates, then it is an issue.

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

I play stealthy, but I don't do it at the expense of the other survivors. I'll still do unhooks, bait the killer to chase me away from nearly-done gens or hooks, and take protection hits. I just suck and looping and would prefer to not get caught if possible.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Playing stealthy while being useful (doing gens, saves etc), is not wrong at all.

Playing stealthy while someone is being chased and you're hiding doing nothing is.

• MintberryCrunch
    MintberryCrunch Member Posts: 67

I get that, but stealthy doesn't have to inherently mean you don't help the team. I like a stealthy style and even prefer to play tricksy mind-games mid-chase to lose the killer rather than relying on looping completely.

I will not shirk unhooks at all, and these can still be done stealthily, I also defintiely keep an eye on hook states and will try and take the killer if someone is on death state. I suppose that's abandoning true stealth.

Anyway yea I agree with your comment in general, just wish some people understood there are different styles, someone purposefully dying on hook because their teammate is stealthing to them and it doesn't fit what they expect people to do is worse in my opinion than someone being overly cautious, even if it hurts the team. I guess I just really hate those who selfishly choose to go out rather than do their utmost for the team, even if that's just prolonging an inevitable sacrifice.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Like others said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with playing Stealthy, and sometimes it's definitely the right play. It just gets shafted on a lot because it's difficult for players to find a good balance between stealth and aggro, and stealth does get a bad rep for being only used by P3 Claudettes who will do nothing but Urban Evade around the map, one gen and some bones and then t-bag on hatch/at the exit gate when they're the last person.

The way I see it is that as long as you're smart about your stealth and you're still willing to take a chase when needed, along with doing the objectives/helping the team, I'm chill with it. (Also, for the love of god, when people run Spine Chill, don't leave the gen as soon as it flashes on, especially if it just flashes right back off lol.)

Also OP, since you're a fan of stealth builds, 10/10 would recommend running Balanced Landing or Lithe with Bite the Bullet and a Medkit if you haven't tried it yet. Super fun combo to lose a Killer mid-chase and then heal right next to them in a bush.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731

Hookstates are a resource huh? Then why do I get rewarded with iridescent if I don't get downed at all?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited August 2021

Because you played so well you didn't need a resource and clearly need to better opponents?

Also you really going to look at the emblem status that says that downing a survivor in one hit is worse then in 2 hits for how to play the game?