Huntress Buff?

After following the Clown on the dev streams and through people on youtube, I can't help but notice that his power is a throwable and he has normal movement speed. Yet the Huntress has a throwable and was balanced to have a hum that is further than her terror radius and is directional as well as having a reduced movement speed. Yes, I can see the argument that it's because her hatches do damage but with broken hitboxes and the fact the Clown can slow people now for 2 whole seconds to get a hit, has a instant down add-on just like the Huntress, and has a AOE power. I'd for one like to see her at least get normal movement speed and fixed hitboxes if anything.

Comments

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@Mashtyx1 said:
    After following the Clown on the dev streams and through people on youtube, I can't help but notice that his power is a throwable and he has normal movement speed. Yet the Huntress has a throwable and was balanced to have a hum that is further than her terror radius and is directional as well as having a reduced movement speed. Yes, I can see the argument that it's because her hatches do damage but with broken hitboxes and the fact the Clown can slow people now for 2 whole seconds to get a hit, has a instant down add-on just like the Huntress, and has a AOE power. I'd for one like to see her at least get normal movement speed and fixed hitboxes if anything.

Completely agree. The hitboxes are really bad on her hatchets. Personally I don't know if making her move faster is the way to go, but I definately think her humming should NOT be directional, I think it should be like freddy where it is just all over the place.

• EclipseDarkstar
    EclipseDarkstar Member Posts: 47

I think her movement speed is fine, but her hitboxes do definitely need a lot of work. But what I really think would help her is a reduction of her humming's hearing range. Or at the very least the ability for it to be affected by terror radius reductions like Monitor and Abuse. That 45 meters is a huge giveaway, and while I don't think it should be like a normal terror radius, maybe it needs to not be as huge as it is.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

The hitbox needs to be fixed, but for both sides.

I love when the Huntress can throw her hatchet through time and still hit me.

• Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    edited June 2018

@weirdkid5 I agree. It would be a quality of life fix for both the Huntress and the survivor's shes up against.

• Mashtyx1

@EclipseDarkstar The humming should both be reduced and affected by Monitor and Abuse. But the buff to the movement speed would be fair due to the fact that the reason she doesn't have it is that of her throwable hatches yet the Clown has a throwable power and has full movement speed.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

She's already completely superior to him though, she doesn't need it.> @SadonicShadow said:

God her hitboxes for sure need some love. Its probably the most frustrating thing about playing her. Rusty pickup truck to OP.

Those trucks were fixed in the PTB.

• Mashtyx1
    edited June 2018

@ASpazNamedSteve Just the trucks though? Because the hitboxes in general for her hatches need to be fixed. I do kinda agree but she has a 45-meter directional give away that can't be changed and a slow movement speed. Yet the Clown doesn't have all that and has an AOE effect that slows survivors for 2 whole seconds longer if you stay in the smoke that basically gives him a hit.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Mashtyx1 said:
    @ASpazNamedSteve Just the trucks though? Because the hitboxes in general for her hatches need to be fixed.

Oh i know. The hitboxes as a whole are really awkward.

• easi_solstice
    easi_solstice Member Posts: 32

@Mashtyx1 said:

Ok I'll reply to each individual point you have....

Clown has normal movement speed and no directional notification unlike Huntress and you know it damages but hitboxes are broken:
    Yes the clown does have normal movement speed and yes he can stun for 2 whole seconds but his arc is horrible and it moves extremely slowly yes you can slow down a survivor but any smart survivor will just run through it and drop the pallet assuming you're talking about around pallet loops if not then it can usually be dodged easily due to the slow movement speed. Huntress is slower because she can down extremely fast and down people at low loops she doesn't need 115% move speed. As for broken hitboxes most of them are fixed in PTB such as truck hitboxes, haddonfield table, etc. Yes you can occasionally have one go through someone but that's pretty rare. Now the fact that she does damage on hit is why she doesn't need a buff she can stop low pallet loops, if the survivor is in the open she can throw a hatchet from close range then immediately melee them down which is extremely strong for slugging AKA the strongest thing a killer can actually do. As for the directional notification it's to help stop long range snipes but I do some what agree it doesn't need to be a thing on this one so you get that point.

Clown has instant down just like Huntress:
    Yes he has instant down but the problem is it needs to be a DIRECT hit meaning the bottle needs to hit the survivor not the gas which is pretty much impossible because of the movement speed of the bottle unless the survivor is bad BUT at point blank range you can obviously do it but that's assuming you have enough time to hit afterwards before they get to a window/pallet AND the Huntress at that range can do a close range hatchet into a melee anyway.

Clown has AOE but Huntress doesn't:
    Yes he has AOE but that's because he doesn't DAMAGE the survivor it's only a 15% slow down for 2 seconds which means they can easily run through the smoke and still throw down a pallet. The Huntress also can hit survivors without it directly hitting them it just needs to be close. As for fixing hitboxes well yeah that's a fix not a buff which I agree with.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Mashtyx1 said:

I think fixing her hitboxes would be enough to balance her out.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited June 2018

Her hum radius is that far because of how long her shots can get - directional too so you're aware of which way the hatchets are to be thrown at.

Decreased movement speed because her hatchets do damage, The Clown's AOE movement reduction can still be countered by vaulting + pallets, which is enough time to be not hit by him. Also 360s.

The Clown is mid-tier where as the huntress is high tier. She has a higher skill cap than the clown resulting in more downfalls than him.

She just needs her hitboxes to be fixed.