The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Best build for trapper?

I'm currently running this on trapper. I don't want to deal with pallet breaking and getting looped. What's another build and how should I play.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Pick a better anti loop killer so you don't need perks to do the job? Nemesis is my personal favorite. But there are lots of options.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Startruck/No way out, Noed, Bloodwarden, Remember me. For me, Gen slowdown is boring to play as Survivor, so I rarely use them.

Beside...you're Trapper, why afraid of loops?

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Agitation, Iron Grasp. These two allow you to hook where you want/need.

The question is: do you want hooks or kills?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited August 2021

You shouldn't be chasing people as Trapper around loops. Herd them into your traps. Do not give survivors control of the chase.

My build when I'm playing seriously with the trapper is Discordance / Ruin / Corrupt Intervention / Nurse's Calling

If a pallet gets dropped usually I'll set a trap down so if they decide to slide over it later the chase is instantly finished. Always bring a bag, and learn how survivors like to run to their destination. Sometimes a very obvious trap is very effective because of muscle memory. The biggest buff they ever gave Trapper was adding new killers because very few people nowadays know all the trap spots. Use it to your advantage.

Post edited by Heartbound on
  • SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Corrupt will do a lot more for you than thana with trapper. This is the biggest recommendation, this perk is good on every killer, but on Trapper/Hag this perk is pretty much a must have. Trapper is a prep killer and the early game slowdown from corrupt goes a long way to help ensure you haven't lost before you've even started pressuring survivors.

Ruin is good no matter what killer you're playing./

Of course if you're using ruin it's often not bad to use undying.

Pop is is good no matter what killer you're playiong.

STBFL isn't a bad choice for trapper, if you catch obsession in traps you can save stacks and against the other players it can really help quite a lot to cut your chase times.

Enduring/brutal aren't terrible choices, but at the end of the day gen slowdown is stronger, of all the killer trapper is a killer who really needs it too.

When it comes to playstyle, when you spawn in you gotta look at your gens and immediately decide what gens are and are not worth protecting. You want to trap up an area to protect and you want to focus playing around that area as much as possible, leave it to herd survivors and to retrieve traps or get easy downs, but never let survivors regain total control of that area. Ideally the area should have a 3 gen, if it just so happens to have a totem perk (if youre running one) inside of it then that's also good.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

I ignore palettes by put a trap if the survivor drops the palett so you can avoid the stun and make the loop unsafe at the same time. The best choice on trapper is the yellow trapperbag, so you have more traps.

For perks I run stbfl, surge, corrupt and as fourth I switch between devour, ruin, pop, hunted ground, noed, sloppy...

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374

Corrupt, Pop, Noed and sloppy. maybe not the best build but i like it.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Corrupt, Pop, STBFL, Sloppy.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Corrupt Intervention, Pop, Discordance/Tinkerer and Thrilling Tremors/BBQ.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Agitation, Iron Grasp, monstrous shrine, Sloppy

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

I would say that Trapper is one of the few killers that gets little value out of Ruin. If you're taking time at the start of the match to set up, you're frequently going to lose 1 or 2 gens very early. Corrupt would be a better choice than Ruin if that's your playstyle.

My build is Surge, Pop, STBFL, and Discordance. It's a very aggressive build as it doesn't afford you any time to set up at the start of the match. You have to place traps on the fly, but it's excellent for snowballing survivors out of existence.

You get bonus points (and bonus BP) for using the padded jaws addon to farm STBFL stacks.