Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

How to fix "Disconnected from Host" error?

Hey, I have about 150 hours into the game and I am a red ranks killer. Although I don't like playing survivor, I play with my friend a couple times a week and lately I keep getting a "Disconnected from Host" error. This happens without warning randomly in the middle of some matches where it will just DC me and I can't do anything about it. I have strong WiFi, and I use a WiFi extender to get a very strong connection. Every time I get DC'd, neither the router or the WiFi extender stop working. I also have not had this issue happen to me on any other game before. When it DC's me, it counts it as an escape and if I have an item in my hand when it happens since it thinks its an escape I keep the item. However, I receive the DC penalty for it. It looks like repeated leaving matches early makes the DC penalty ramp up, and currently my DC penalty is at 30 minutes per DC and probably will increase to an hour in the next 1 to 2 times it happens. So in conclusion, I don't think I have any control over it as my computer and my internet run smoothly the entire time, and I am having to take increasingly long DC penalties because of it, as well as not being able to help out my team for the rest of the game. This has not happened to me whenever I play killer, only survivor. Not sure what to do, and this is very frustrating.

Answers

• BlazeFire7
    BlazeFire7 Member Posts: 16

I had issues with the whole disconnecting thing, too. But for me, it was when I was dead in-game and went to go spectate then it'd get all glitchy on me when I did spectate and it kicked me off. I play on a PS4 and when I turned it completely off and went to bed and hours later it's working fine for me now.

• Bubblz
    Bubblz Member Posts: 5

This is happening to me when I play killer, every match for the past week, I play on PS4 as well. I tried turning off cross play and it did allow me to play 3 games before it happened again…but I’m already up to a 30 min ban. I have very good internet and no problems with any other game except DBD. I’ve also been playing this game for the past year and I’ve never had this issue until now.