We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The True Identity of the Entity

Options
Mysticwarriormj
Mysticwarriormj Member Posts: 95
edited August 2021 in Lore

I am gonna put this thought under #halfawakethoughts but I think I figured out who the "Entity" actually is in theory. And the answer is simple. We, the player, are the entity. When we are playing as a survivor we are playing in third person. Now lets see this from another perspective. We aren't actually "Playing" the survivor but watching them survive against the killer. As the killer we aren't playing as the killer so much as hiding in their minds while they do their thing thus why the killers perspective is in first person. The killer perks that involve the entity are more based on the entity taking action within the Trial (such as when it blocks gens) where the entity doesn't really help the survivors in any way.

Anyways, like i said, its just a thought.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

But what if the entity were the friends we made along the way?

Seriously, though, with how often the entity is displeased, it might just be a survivor main after all. Kidding! Just a joke. You know I love you survivors.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Game theory is slacking right now

• Mysticwarriormj
    Options

I was actually going to end my thought with "It's just a theory, A GAME THEORY" but I figured nah too cheesy.

• MudSpit83
    MudSpit83 Member Posts: 102
    Options

This is like the billionth time that i’ve heard about this theory lol. If im the Entity then how come i cant bring Jason, Candyman, Pennywise, Alien, The Thing, a Werewolf, or even a Vampire into the game already? Huh? Wheres my big tiddy goth girl survivor at? Huh?? HUH!?….yeah thats what i thought…explain that Mr theory man.

• ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal Member Posts: 326
    Options

I'm not so sure it's in their minds but some have mention some killers show signs of being tortured if they resisted the entity I feel as if the entity makes them do this whether they want to or not.

• Mysticwarriormj
    Options

Collective thought, We are the entity, as in all of us. SO someone doesn't want your big tiddy goth girl, you are just gonna have to live with either small chick with a mask on or Tall religious zealot lady who has come down with a deadly case of the flu. Sorry. Also who says we cant "bring" jason, candyman or penny wise. Werewolves and Vampires are way to classic to bring into the fog.