The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Clown or spirit?

I can buy with ingame shards one of them which one is more fun?

Comments

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

clown i find, if you like mindgames spirit is hard but fun when u get really good at her. but i like clown :)

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    If you're looking for butt both of you look for titties... Both. Err.. Maybe clown have more titties, either way depends if you wanna woosh towards survivors or throw them fartbottles
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@nemeios said:

I would say clown is more fun, spirit has pretty good perks though. Kinda depends on your perk setup and play style though. Clown has bamboozle which increases vault speed by 15%, which is really fast with fire up also. Coulrophobia is really good with the latest update that increases healing time and paired with perks that increase healing time. Haunted Grounds is good with other HEX perks, Rancor is good with other obsession perks and spirit fury is good with enduring. All depends on your playstyle.

but you should go for clown lmao

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

The spirit she's a lot of fun to play, but like everyone else said It all depends on your play style

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    The clown is basically the opposite killer of spirit. With clown you have no need to mind game with proper bottle throws and are a god in the chase. Spirit must risk a chase to use her power. I have both and if I where you I'd get clown. If you are interested in perks both have equally strong perks against loops. Also PGTW is underrated as it's possible to get 220 seconds (11 hooks, 20 seconds off a gen each kick) of game play with this perk. That's nearly 4 minutes and in DBD that is valuable.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

@nemeios said:

Clown has bamboozle which increases vault speed by 15%, which is really fast with fire up also. 

it also BLOCKS THE WINDOW. Kinda major mechanic you missed there.
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

I like Spirit more. She has potential for toptier, its still a bit early, but i guess she will end up lower toptier, while clown is dropping. Survivors are adapting to him and he has no map pressure at all. He has no slug game due to reloading and currently his gas doesnt force slow vaults. But he's still really hard to play.
    Gues they're both fine, find one that suits your playstyle. Sneaky beaky or throwing fart bottles.

• Soul_Consumption
    Soul_Consumption Member Posts: 68

If you're looking for more meta potential, Spirit>>>Clown
    Her ability does more for her than the clown.

• Hubz
    Hubz Member Posts: 21

@nemeios said:

I would definitely go for spirit. She is harder to master and can be used to get some very good plays. I am bias though because I strongly dislike the Clown. If you want to win? Either would work about the same imo. If you want to have fun? Spirit for sure.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Tough question.

The clown is really great for area denial, catching up to people, and slowing things down. 
    If you are about to pick up an obsession, throwing a bottle at the ground can mess with them if they DS you.
    I'd say of the two, Clown is way more practical, and has better utility.

The spirit has Rancor which let's you one hit down then mori your obsession if they are alive when the gens are powered, and allows both sides to see each others auras when gens pop.

She also has haunting grounds which aughta synergize extremely well with other hex totems.

Her third ability is kinda meh to me. After breaking so many pallets she auto breaks one if it stuns you.

I'd say she isn't as easy to play as. Someone said she is a blend of Nurse, and Wraith, and that's pretty true.

In terms of aesthetics, Spirit is easier on the eyes, imo, but the Clown has a really awesome mask.
  • GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

Well, it's a tough question, they both got potentials and their perks were pretty decent tho!

Clown can end a chase pretty fast if you learned how to throw his bottles! And that slow is SOOOO GOOOD!!!! And he got some creepy laughter and cute jiggling fat belly as well!

Spirit is pretty hard to play, but once you get used to her she can be extremely terrifying, and her Mind Game potential is freakin' insane! And...She's the emoji queen!

They're both are pretty good, choose one that suits your play styles!

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Spirit is super fun but much harder to play than Clown. Clown feels like a weak version of huntress to me TBH. This is just my opinion, but I don't find Clown all that fun to play either.

• Parity
    Parity Member Posts: 28
    Looks like the clown is more fun to play whereas the spirit is more of a killer then fun. However that can be invalid since I don't own either.