Golden Toolbox

Options
TOXICCLAUDETTEMAIN
TOXICCLAUDETTEMAIN Member Posts: 34

I was looking at my toolboxes and started reading the quotes and I came across the Engineer's Toolbox. The quote under it says " I've created tools beyond compare and stood paralyzed as they were stolen from me. These are but a poor replica, spat out by The Fog." And it got me thinking on certain maps like Haddonfield there are golden toolboxes around. We've asked the devs about the lore behind golden toolboxes and they avoid it or troll us. So it got me thinking what if Vigo created the golden toolboxes and the engineer toolboxes are just trash versions of it. I might be reaching but I thought it would be cool to bring up.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I mean it could be a possibility...

Idk why but for a lot of time i thought the golden toolboxes were lunchboxes of some kind. Don't ask why

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 599
    Options
    This is an amazing theory. That’s why the golden toolboxes must be so hidden, because someone is trying to hide them from Vigo. But who and why would someone do that?
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    They are also usually out of reach of interaction.  Maybe they are supposed to taunt survivors and cause some despair?
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

I'm pretty sure they are just a fun Easter egg hunt for players since Vigo mentions that the Entity created replicas of his original work insinuating his were stolen. If the Entity stole his toolboxes I'd also assume he would destroy them not hide them under a picnic table...

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103
    Options

tbqh i think it's kinda lame how vigo is literally the only person out of the hundreds (thousands? MILLIONS?) of people in the fog to be able to create stuff in the lore. it's just sort of shallow writing IMO. hopefully one day benedict and vigo won't be the only two characters with lore relevance.