The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How would people feel about a "chapter" that was only maps

Sonzaishinai
Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

No new killer or survivor just 3 maps of the latest original killers blight, twins and trickster

Post edited by Sonzaishinai on

Comments

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

yeah, i'd be down for that.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    edited August 2021

Yeah, as long as we remove a badham variant as we dont need 4. I'd also like other ormand, swamp etc. Variants. About 3 for each realm would be good tbh

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

Sounds a good idea to me! Maybe not for BHVR financially, but they could release a load of skins alongside to make up the moneys. I'd be fine with that.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

3 maps would be good, if there aren't useless deadzones without hiding spots or pseudo-infinite loops if the killer doesn't have mobility.

gotta come with some perk rebalancing though.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

There's 5 of them, actually, for extra fun experiences :)

:')

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

Would love it. Especially since it'd likely give them some time to work on bugs.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I'd love a bunch of new maps. Prefer those over new characters.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Call it a mapter.

I did suggest this before along with a chapter that was purely fixes only. Id love a chapter with 3 or 4 maps

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Yes please!

I am kinda dying for a game health Chapter with cosmetic sets. Throwing in maps would be amazing!

1. Gives bhvr a chance to breath and fix some things. Optimization, rework not so ideal perks, rework some killer powers, fix grind, etc.

2. We are all whores for cosmetics. Release some amazing legendary ones and make money that way.

Yah there will be people who complain but there are people who complain no matter what ;_; As a consol player I am tired of people elastic banding around the map I would love for game health to be the focus for once.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

After their last 2 maps and the realm beyond I don’t trust the devs to make a good map

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Not every killer needs a map. Bubba doesnt have a map, Ghostface doesnt have a map. Blight doesnt really need a map(he used to be a "survivor" untill he blighted himself.) Twins doesnt really need a map either. Both Ormond, Sheltered Woods and Red Forest fit her. Trickster is pretty much the only one who might need a map.

However, I would be up for a chapter that is only about revisiting all common perks, revisiting the way map tiles are generated, revisiting the core of the game(I wouldnt mind 2 chapters for that tbh).

• DBD map pack lol

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

I mean, RCPD is licensed, only so much they can do, Midwich is overall quite a good map. The realm beyond was great when it comes to balancing(seriously, look at the layout of some older maps, with the current meta and balancing? Most of those maps would either be insanely survivor sided or insanely killersided).

Visually, yeah, its arguable the older maps were better if you loved the darkness of the maps, but lets be 100% honest, the same reason why looptiles have been given higher walls(to combat stretched res a bit) is the same reason the maps have been made brighter(to combat 3rd party gamma raising).

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Id much rather have a chapter with no new killers, survivors or maps at all. Instead it's dedicated entirely to game health.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

If we're gonna have no new Survivor/Killer, I'd rather focus on the game health than on new maps personally.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

More Maps? No thank you. The RNG we have already gives you enough bad maps as is. Gimme the damn Game Health chapter. There should be 1 every year...

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

I will feel dissapointed. How can you be hype for a map when you already know its going to be broken and probably survivor or killer sided.

I cant be hype for a chapter with no new killer or survivor because you dont have new perk to play around the first week.

I will take a health year before a chapter with patch only because i know the game need it but we dont need any new map we have 30 map to choose from

• RodrigoL
    RodrigoL Member Posts: 50

Amazing !!! I like variety, more maps more fun !!

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

I’d be fine with that.

Make a couple of MPs per chapter. Very unique looking maps and the game would feel fresh.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

I do not care about maps. Killer power and perks is what keep me playing

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,403
    edited August 2021

Honestly i wouldnt like that. We have enough maps and many of them need fixes, some complete reworks. Then the chance is high that the new maps wouldnt be enjoyable.

I would have no problem with no chapter and they fix the game, but i dont care for new maps.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Would love that, as well as some more variations of realms that lack em.

• Kryo_Night
    Kryo_Night Member Posts: 15

I'd be happy with it as long as they did some balancing tweaks for perks, addons, killers etc as well.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

yes please!

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

A chapter that focuses on game health, and gives us a new map to play on to keep us from getting bored? I'm sure as hell down.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I think "Addendum" would be a proper name for it as its purely adding to previous "Chapters" which in writing would be an addendum.

But ya a Health/Map focused updates would be good for the game expecially if they buffed bad perks along with them to keep people playing with something new.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

The possibilities are endless with that one. I would like to see more maps for Asylum, Red Forest, Ormond, and maybe even Silent Hill.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

If a chapter only ads a map the map has to show that it was a good idea to release as the only content brought by a chapter. Obviously thats never going to happen since we dont pay for maps.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Nah, killer or bust. They can skip survivor. Nobody cares about those.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Just proves my point more lol, too many

Well that's opinions, everyone has their own

As I stated in my first comment, theres far too many of them. Actually 5 of them. We dont need 5 of the same map