Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BHVR are you ever going to re-adress survivor spawns?

I have noticed this since the nemesis introduction. The spawning of survivors has become... predictable. Survivors, regardless of offerings, are spawning together in groups of 2 or 4 typically at the furthest or second furthest gen from killer spawn. This has plethora of negative effects.

1) Survivor shroud offerings are now worthless and a waste of BP on the bloodweb. Since you already spawn with other survivors and spawn far from killer there is no reason to burn an offering or even try to get them from blood web.

2) It is exacerbating gen rushing. Even a mid-level/top-level killer is given a single option starting the game. Find a survivor, either chase them or search around the gen because there is a very high chance you will find more survivors waiting to start the gen as a group.

3) It's forcing meta perks like PT and Leader to be in every group. This is... both boring for survivors by forcing a perk slot and annoying to killers by knowing if they commit to chasing the first survivor they see a gen will pop within the first hit.

4) Its stagnating the game from killer side. You are almost required to play a map presence killer to reach the furthest gen quickly. Setup killers like demo or trapper are put even further behind by forcing them to choose to find a 3 gen to set their powers up and just accept that the far off gens will be finished quickly or turn into an m1 chaser and try to protect early gens.

5) Killer shrouds dont appear to be working. I will try to create clips showing with lethal pursuer that throwing shroud to force all survivors to spawn separately doesn't work. They still spawn in pairs of 2 just on opposite sides of the map.

Comments

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 991

Out of the last handful of matches I've played most of them I've spawned alone. Im not sure what could lead to such a drastically different experience.

I do agree if this is an issue though it should be fixed.

• IrishRedCap
    IrishRedCap Member Posts: 153
    edited August 2021

I suggest running bond if you play survivor for your next few games. You might appear alone but the other 3 will be within 24 meters of you. Last night 10 survivor games no shrouds played and with bond I spawned next to a teammate every game, spawned all 4 together around 80% of the games.

I do remember a year or 2 back they addressed the issue because some survivors were spawning within LOS of the killer which is understandably not acceptable.

• jajay119

To be fair Ive not paid attention to how close we could be. I've just always noticed we are not immediately together like when shroud offerings are given.

Could this not be done in response to gen rushing though? I've noticed if you spawn together in pairs you tend to stay together to do the first gen you find. I know two survivors do gens quicker but it's still less gens being done so quickly as if 4 survivors spawn separately you will have 4 gens being done all at once.

• IrishRedCap

Breaking off a chase to halt a gen being done by 1 survivor is a lot more lenient on the killer. They made the choice to give up blood lust (possibly a down) to slow or stop a gen being done. 1 survivor working it means the progress will be significantly lower than if 2 or 3 are perched on a single gen immediately.

It also removes a team mechanic from the survivor side. If you're solo working a gen without knowledge that a teammate is working on the one at the tile right near you, a 3 gen situation can be inadvertently created. If everyone spawns together they can pop a gen, skip the next one as a group and even without comms or bond/aftercare/empathy perks they can work as a cohesive unit to ensure a 3 gen never happens. If killer shows up, 1 survivor goes for a run and the rest just continue on with the knowledge they aren't in danger.

At least in my opinion that makes the game stale. When I can shuffle across the map with a teammate or two and just keep popping gens without a care because the killer can in essence only chase one of us.

• IrishRedCap

Absolutely gen rushing won't stop just by addressing this issue. It does exacerbate it though. The worst experience I've had lately was playing Bubba on MacMillan. Lethal pursuer showed all 4 survivors on opposite side of map. By the time I reached the gen with 3 of them on it, it was alrdy popped. There was 0 counter play to it and no shrouds were burned, chalked it up to bad luck until I started to pay attention that it happened nearly every game.

• Saviorace
    Saviorace Member Posts: 60

Nearly all of my survivor matches I start with almost all of the other survivors near me

• jajay119

I've just played three matches and yes all survivors quite close on each one.

• Johnagon_Infinity
    Johnagon_Infinity Member Posts: 178

Why on Earth would any killer want all 4 survivors to spawn separated? That's a horrible idea. Likewise, spawning together or with any survivor is inefficient for survivors. The shrouds should be removed from the game altogether.

• IrishRedCap

As mentioned in a previous reply. It is much more manageable to deal with the progress 1 survivor can do to a gen compared to 2 or 3.

This isn't the crux of the issue though. It's that it's become predictable to know where survivors will spawn even without the use of lethal pursuer. If I play killer I look for furthest gen from my spawn, bee line it there, I have found 3 survivors already majority of games played.

That takes the early game hunt out and gives killers a crutch (killer main complaining about killer being easier 🤣). Survivors spawning in groups is not the bad thing, it just should not be 100% every game they spawn in groups at the furthest generator.

• IrishRedCap

Not sure why other reply didn't go through... As I stated in a previous reply it's easy to manage the progress 1 survivor does on a gen rather than 2 or 3.

The thread isn't about survivors spawning together though. The crux of the issue is that survivor spawn has become really predictable. Spawn as killer, run to furthest gen, you find 3 survivors majority of the games played. It got rid of the early game search/hunt from a killer POV and gave a crutch to killers (killer main complaining about killer becoming easier 🤣).

The spawning of all the survivors together is just a byproduct i've noticed with lethal pursuer, it's more that the spawn rate is not well randomized when 100% of the games you will spawn 2-3 survivors at the furthest gen on the map from the killer.

Personally just curious if BHVR is going to look at it and re-address the issue like that did back when survivors were spawning within 32 meters of killer in direct line of sight.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Based on what people have said. It seems if survivor spawn separate they tend to do gens quicker based on what killer only users have said.

• Tekno_Badger
    Tekno_Badger Member Posts: 526

Easiest way to fix this is spawn survivors in pairs and reveal the Obsession's spawn location. Removes a lot of the RNG and balances initial gen speeds (4 on 1 gen or each on a different gen is brutal)

• IrishRedCap

Because of automatic obsession I could see that being a decent work around. 2 hidden, 2 revealed base kit early game. It would bring some flavor to the game if they added it.

• Survivors spawning together+being matched to a whole group that is 7+ ranks higher=why even try? There's no fun in that.

• Tekno_Badger
    Tekno_Badger Member Posts: 526

Exactly, and it gets rid of the issue where you check the wrong gen and one pops across the map. Spawns are a big problem for genrushing