We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Survivors escaping the entity

Options
Ranch_Jello
Ranch_Jello Member Posts: 95

I was thinking about it and when you mori a survivor as pinhead, you dont kill them. Instead you send them through a portal which presumably leads to the labyrinth (hell). If this is the case, then wouldnt pinhead be saving the survivors and giving them their escape? Yeah they're going to be tortured and killed or turned into a cenobite but they'll be out of the entity's clutches right?

I only know a little about hellraiser lore but I think pinhead lore wise is going to be a problem for the entity just like pyramid head.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

I think "saving" the survivors is a slightly generous take on their leaving a place where there's a little hope to a place with only abominable amounts of pain.

However, Pinhead is a tough cookie, and it's possible he could have found a way to do it. The odd thing is a Mori is a gift from the Entity to killers to have some fun. Why would it leave an open opportunity such as that? Unless its parasitic brain cannot detect this.

Likewise, Pyramid Head has the ability to kill without the Entity's permission (probably part of the deal to get Pyramid Head onboard), and Myers can kill without permission (although I think with him it's a case of he doesn't care).

With non-licensed killers even having moments of difficulty for it, perhaps Pinhead is sending some survivors into Hell, beneath the radar. Unfortunately for those, unless they have the "good fortune" to be painfully twisted into a Cenobite, they'll probably be screaming to return to the trials.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I don't think he is actually sending them to hell, I think they get sent to somewhere inside the entity, get tortured for a while and send back to the campfire.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2021
    Options

The simplest answer and honestly probably the correct one ^

It's not that he's sending them outside of Entity to be tortured in his own personal domain- it's likely that the Entity has already recreated The Hell that Pinhead is familiar with and imagines, and that's where the survivors get sent.

And on a slightly separate note: I truly don't buy the "X, Y, Z, killers are powerful and pose problems to the entity!" the whole thing about Pyramid Head being able to kill on his own making him more powerful in order to resist the entity I think is pure hogwash. We all know why it's a thing, and that's because it's cool to have built-in Mori's in the kits or add-ons of killers or whoever. The Spectacle is captures the attention of its audience and it switches up the gameplay. There doesn't have to be a lore reason to this, and even if there was it could be as simple as "The Entity respects X, Y, Z killers to such a degree it allows these individuals a little more freedom than the others" and that's it.

So all this "oh, Pyramid Head can mini mori in his ability, Myers can mori because of an add-on without an offering, Pinhead can send survivors down to hell outside the realm of teh entity! These killers are more powerful than it!" is just a load of crap imo. In Dead By Daylight's universe, the entity is quite literally one of if not the original sources of evil and I doubt if it uses these killers as personal minions, or even simply as "partners" that it would be in a position to be overwhelmed or outsmarted or whatever.

Just me though. I'm not a big fan of the "x, y, z killers are more powerful than the entity" theory.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    edited August 2021
    Options

Omg, I completely agree! I do believe that some killers do things that they are not supposed to do like Myers and ph killing without a mori, but for Michael, I see in a way that he does it just because he wants and he will be severely punished either way, for ph I think that is his nature and it's kinda hard to behave in another way. Either way, this thing about the entity respecting/ fearing a killer always seemed pretty stupid to me, the entity is a GOD while Myers is a human with endurance and super strength. I think a lot of these opinions are probably biased since a lot of people live these characters, but it's not realistic.

Post edited by Dito175 on
  • BarbecueiChilli
    BarbecueiChilli Member Posts: 138
    Options

maybe entity just don't care and what it's doing is a reaction. Maybe entity don't know that it's bad. That would explain that he don't care about ph, ph and myers. Or maybe it's asleep so he can't do anything about it but when he'll awake, death isn't going to be an escape.