Can you really blame Blight players for using "that build"?

Yords
Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Ruin, undying, tinkerer, and BBQ are literally the best perks you can possibly use on Blight, and for good reasons. However it does seem to irritate people quite a bit for being such a common and annoying build. But why ask Blight players to stop using it when it is an amazing perk combination? 

Ruin and undying obviously work well because of the Blight's insane map mobility and act as a fantastic slowdown when used.

Tinkerer works on those two by alerting you of an almost completed generator, allowing you to scare survivors off of it and having it regress a great deal of progress as well as possibly getting a sneaky hit or even down. And since Blight has insane map pressure, you are almost guaranteed that the generator you arrive to that procced tinkerer will regress for a good long while.

And finally BBQ for obvious reasons of course, but is especially good on Blight considering he can instantly head on over to any survivor seen with BBQ immediately.

It is a setup that allows Blight players to have time, the element of surprise, and tracking. It is literally the best possible build this killer can have, and the better a Blight player is the more use they will get out of all of these perks.

Why would you even use anything else if this build has everything you need? It would be like asking Oni players to not run infectious fright or asking Wraith players to not use sloppy butcher.

There is literally no reason not to use these perks.

Comments

• No. If you do you are entitled.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

If people want to use strong perks to win then that's fine. I use meta perks as survivors. But it would be good if players (not just killers) would expand out a bit and try different builds. Doing it is good for both sides. This is ignoring most of the bad perks though.

I just hope that people stop judging people from running the builds that they want and not be hypocritical. If killers can run meta perks then they shouldn't complain about survivors running meta perks and vice versa.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599
    edited August 2021

I don’t think you know what the definition of entitled means. So allow me to enlighten you. If you say that a player cannot use a build because you don’t like it, you are entitled. To be entitled means you believe you deserve and should get what it is you want and others need to cater to that. So, in conclusion, you are the entitled one here.

Post edited by TheMidnightRidr on
  • Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,307

They're the best perks you can use on any high mobility killer. They're no more common than DS, BT, UB, DH and SB. People are only complaining about them because they need to blame something other than their or their teammates own lack of skill to counter it.

All the perks have easy counters

Ruin: Cleanse the lit totem.

Undying: Cleanse the lit totem.

Tinkerer: Split up on gens. Having Sprint Burst can be viewed as a counter.

BBQ: Get in a locker, behind a gen or into the terror radius.

Not a single thing is difficult about this perk combination. I've seen people complaining about Tinkerer a lot lately, some calling it OP or problematic. I don't understand why. Don't most people say the most fun part of the game is getting in a chase? Tinkerer allows the killer to quickly go into multiple chases throughout the map. I think lazy or bad players are the ones who whine about this perk.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491
    edited August 2021

No one is questioning that the build is effective in general, let alone on Blight. People don't like it specifically because 90% of Blight players use that and you see pretty much no other killer use it. The exception is a similar build on Twins but they have actual compatibility issues with perks, meaning regression ones like Pop are extremely ineffective and debilitating to play them effectively. Blight can use a variety of alternatives like corrupt, pop, thana, etc. but no, it's only ruin undying tinkerer. And it makes going against Blight unpleasant, particularly because the Blights who use this majority of the time aren't even good but they rely on regression to slow the game down and then camp when their hexes get cleansed.

Ruin Undying Tinkerer also works well on Nurse too. Can someone explain to the class why you never see nurses run this build nearly as much as Blights? I can't even recall the last time I saw a nurse use Pop for #########'s sake.

No one so far is capable of answering the question why are blight players the only ones who are using sweat perks all the time and you don't see such hardcore meta builds nearly as much on any other killer even if it's just as effective to use. I'm still sat here waiting for an answer.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited August 2021

Nothing wrong with it. It's overkill vs anything that isn't an insanely organised 3+ man SWF, but that's a separate issue rather than a problem with the build. I use it if I want to just play some chill killer games while acting out my innermost desire of repeatedly hitting my head off walls.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

There is a reason. Ruin Undying is overrated.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I really wouldn't call people sweatlords because they use certain builds.

This build can be pretty crazy, but at the same time survivors can have very strong builds too. When going against the top level survivors, this is the kind of build you will want, or perhaps those people that use this build wouldn't have fun going against the top level survivors that are trying their best to win the match as well.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

I don’t blame players for picking what certain folks would classify as unfair, that falls entirely on the devs for letting those things exist.

I don’t mind if X killer runs Y perks, as long as the game (overall, not a match specifically) is balanced. Right now this game isn’t in a great state balance-wise in my opinion.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

It sure makes my solo queue games extra zesty.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I dunno, Blight is a strong and versatile enough killer that I prefer to run other stuff on him. Of course that build is good but it feels like playing with the difficulty turned down, I’d rather play slightly tougher games and get better in the long run than get carried by a low effort build. Same reason I don’t run full meta on survivor, either.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Only to get teabagged at exit by survivors who only run meta perks.

• Yords
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,695
  • Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

You don't blame a runner for wearing running shoes, so why would you blame Blight for using perks that benefit their speed?

like damn, you can get the totem. That's right. you. You can cleanse Ruin and Undying. You can win!

...or you can complain. hopefully you don't choose the latter.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

the problem is that a lot of the times you struggle just for a 1k if you want to bring a fun build. You can either have fun, or you can go full Blight build. Some nights you literally do not get a choice.

• Yords

Not everyone who isn't a 4-man is as helpless as you'd think. And I would consider Haddonfield to be impossible to win as any average killer if the survivors are good, even a solo group can beat a Blight with this setup.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,392

People just want to blame something besides their own actions for a loss.

• ad19970

I mean, that's probably why many use that build. In order to compete with the top level survivors using meta perks and doing gens optimally.

But it's true, people that play killers like Blight or Spirit with insane builds shouldn't then complain about how fast gens can be repaired or how op survivor perks are.

• kyogul

There are plenty of other killers were ruin/undying/tinkerer can be extremely effective but you still don't see it nearly as much as on Blight players, which is basically every other Blight, and that's me underestimating there.

To reiterate, the issue is not about the perks itself. Everyone knows they're strong, everyone knows why it's used and that it's effective on Blight. What people don't understand is why 90% of Blight players use it as if it's the only perks available for him, but you don't see killers with similar compatibility with those perks using them also.

Like I legitimately want that question answered. Why do Blight players run that build so much and why don't players of other killers use that same build when it's similarly as effective?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

the last time i faced one of those teams in a public game was about 2 months ago and i still got an 8 hook 1k. you don't need to bring ruin/undying/tinkerer/bbq (or pop for extra fun) with stupidly good add-ons to public games, ever, let alone all the time.

it's even worse when they'll bring those builds in and say "that's what you get for being a swf" like??? im solo my friends list is public you can easily check??? and how dare i play the game with my friends, not every swf is the optimal group you think it is????

im so sick of seeing this build over and over, if you couldnt tell, and its always the same people and its always a blight.

• No im not, people literally get mad at you in this game if you run a certain build or dont give them hatch. They are entitled because they expect killers to treat them a certain way. So if you get mad at blight players for using a certain build and saying they shouldn't do that, that is being entitled.

I am not entitled.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

My mistake, I misunderstood what you were saying no to. I thought you were saying “no they can’t use that build because they’re entitled”.

• ad19970

You're complaining about killer mains complaining that people play in swf, while complaining about killer players using optimal builds. I don't quite get it. Yes you get to play the game the way you want, just like they get to play the game the way they want, with whatever perks. And they don't do it to just ruin survivors fun.

At rank 1, you can get the occasional, really good survivor team, especially when they are swf. A build like that is the best for something like that. You don't need it, but it increases your likeliness to win the match. But it definitely doesn't take away the possibility of the survivor team to win against the Blight using this optimal build.

I do think a good solution would be to give Tinkerer a cooldown, because I do agree that build is just too good, but nevertheles, it's definitely not a guaranteed win.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

People act like this build gives you ez 4ks when thats simply not the case. Blight is extremely difficult sometimes and very frustrating it requires a decent amount of skill to use him effectively

• kyogul

I really don't understand why people don't get that the people who are frustrated with this build are less about it being used on Blight, but how 90% of the time you go against a Blight in red ranks in pub games it's the same build and it's both annoying and boring to go against.

People would be doing the same if every time you saw a Nurse or Spirit they had ruin/undying/tinkerer or something to that tune. But they don't.

The only other killer to use Ruin Undying to that degree are Twins and they have actual perk compatibility issues. Blight doesn't.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

It's a great combo, but I'd probably get bored and switch it up even if I was doing well with Blight.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

It's a S tier killer using a meta build. Even a mediocre Blight tilts the game heavily on his side by using this (just like a SWF using a Haddonfield offering do), especially when most of them also take Alchemist Ring with it which arguably makes him better than Spirit on some maps.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I've played one game as him on Lery's and I 3kd. But I still didn't do all that great so I'm still trying to figure out the obstacles that I should bounce off of for the rush.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited August 2021

I don’t blame them, but at the same time after going up against that same build on every single Blight, I think people have a right to not like it… same could be said about other killer builds. This while winning against that build.

There is a reason this is now known as the basic ***** build.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

My favourite is when I play him and get Temple of Purgation. You. Slide. Off. Everything.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

She is unplayable on RPD map and the threat of that seems to have dwindled their numbers.

• Yords
    edited August 2021

I think it is because it is a build that allows you to play Blight, a killer with already fun gameplay, without the stress of having to deal with generators. Think about it, most players are meh or decent with Blight and usually lose generators in the process of chasing people with a hard to use power (a power with a high skill cap).

Using perks like ruin, undying, and tinkerer make it very simple and easy to slow the game down, you just play Blight. And of course BBQ for obvious reasons. If you used pgtw though, that would lose you time on initially starting a chase and make it harder. If you used CI, then you would have slowdown, but only for 2 minutes and it does not regress generators and survivors are likely to just work on other generators.

Ruin is also just satisfying to see in action as well, generators regressing without you doing anything other than scaring survivors off of generators which is your job as killer.

So in essence, it allows Blight players to learn how to play him while not carrying the stress of average killer games. At least that is my take on it.

• Yords

lol I have actually switched to another build I think is good on Blight after using it one too many times

Pop

BBQ

discordance

Corrupt

• CriticalWeasel
    CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
    edited August 2021

Sometimes, it feels bad when your doing a dumb build like Streetwise, Leader, Prove Thyself and Vigil. Which is what I did.

Then you gotta deal with mega sweat Blight with this build, like god damn.

But in a way it's like that because survivors have some powerful as perks that usually works in multiple situations.

• kyogul

That further makes me question why aren't other people learning other killers using ruin/undying/tinkerer (or whatever other third perk has synergy) ?

Your reasoning makes sense and it's something I thought about before but still doesn't explain why such an oddly high saturation of Blight players use it. New or not.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960
    edited August 2021

no , "sweating" is not an appropriate complaint, people have a right to play their best. its the whole point of the rank system.