Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Quit customizing survivor daily rituals...

SERIOUSLY... #########??? Survivors are just skins anyway. Why the hell would it matter who i rescue 3 ppl off a hook with??? My Dwight has tier 3 Borrowed Time. Just make a survivor daily a survivor daily... Its ******* stupid. Why put points on more than one survivor when they all do the same goddamn thing? Smarten up...

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

SERIOUSLY... #########??? Survivors are just skins anyway. Why the hell would it matter who i rescue 3 ppl off a hook with??? My Dwight has tier 3 Borrowed Time. Just make a survivor daily a survivor daily... Its ******* stupid. Why put points on more than one survivor when they all do the same goddamn thing? Smarten up...

Cause atleast for me i have diffrent perks builds on diffrent survs
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

It would certainly be nice if they generalized them because there is no real good reason to keep it the way it is.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@Milo - But don't you have access to the same damn perks? Just load up and go. Its not that big of a chore. As i've said - survivors are just skins.

• Milo

@deadwolfwalking said:
    @Milo - But don't you have access to the same damn perks? Just load up and go. Its not that big of a chore. As i've said - survivors are just skins.

1st of all yes i do have a character that has all of the perks but i still like using diffrent Surv for diffrent builds

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@deadwolfwalking I can't tell you how many times I've gotten Nea rituals. For some much-needed perspective, I bought 2 of her perks in the shrine and almost never leveled her until a few weeks ago.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Not everyone has all the perks on all the survivors.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I agree with this. Generalize survivor dailies and for entities sake bring back the old rituals! I liked chainsawing 15 people for 90k points!

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@deadwolfwalking said:

So I can have a game where everyone plays Claudette because she has Self-care by default...or I can play a game where people are incentivised to level up other survivors and I get to see a slightly different variety of characters...hmm seems pretty simple to me.

• deadwolfwalking

@MegaWaffle - I have a prestige Dwight with Saboteur, Technician, Borrowed Time and Urban Evasion. None of my other survivors have a single point invested. No reason to. If i want a new perk, i simply buy it in the shrine. There are plenty of good survivor perks to build with until it hits the shrine. I don't understand why anybody would invest bloodpoints in so many different survivors. Its not like they have advantages over each other. Even still, MY problem is that daily rituals name a specific survivor. Why? Its all good though. Whatever.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@MegaWaffle said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

So I can have a game where everyone plays Claudette because she has Self-care by default...or I can play a game where people are incentivised to level up other survivors and I get to see a slightly different variety of characters...hmm seems pretty simple to me.

To be fair, they have added a cosmetics store so even if you do encounter duplicate survivors, there is a smaller chance of facing duplicate skins unless you're at rank 20 or 1.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

I'm inclined to agree with op here. Just make the ritual survivor not named as it only encourages you to play a a sub par survivors with weaker version of the perks of your main. I'd like to see each character get there own passive bonuses. Not crazy powerful a small percentage bonus to healing,sabo,cleansing and stuns maybe. Just to help separate the focus of each survivor.

• Milo

@MegaWaffle - I have a prestige Dwight with Saboteur, Technician, Borrowed Time and Urban Evasion. None of my other survivors have a single point invested. No reason to. If i want a new perk, i simply buy it in the shrine. There are plenty of good survivor perks to build with until it hits the shrine. I don't understand why anybody would invest bloodpoints in so many different survivors. Its not like they have advantages over each other. Even still, MY problem is that daily rituals name a specific survivor. Why? Its all good though. Whatever.

I 100% would like to grind my way through all survs instead of using my shards
  • deadwolfwalking

@Milo - Thats fine. None of my business. Thats all on you. MY issue is when a daily ritual says unhook 3 ppl with Nea or Jake or any particular survivor. Whats the point of that. I get that killers need to be specified. You can't very blink 3 times with hillbilly or catch 3 ppl in beartraps with nurse... But survivors? I mean seriously. Just leave it open to player preference.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

@Milo - Thats fine. None of my business. Thats all on you. MY issue is when a daily ritual says unhook 3 ppl with Nea or Jake or any particular survivor. Whats the point of that. I get that killers need to be specified. You can't very blink 3 times with hillbilly or catch 3 ppl in beartraps with nurse... But survivors? I mean seriously. Just leave it open to player preference.

It's to encourage you to play other survivors than the one you have everything stacked on. Wouldn't be much of a challenge otherwise. Whenever I find myself faced with a particularly annoying ritual for a survivor I haven't leveled I just skip it, no biggie. I like being forced to play other survivors now and then, because without the daily rituals I never would, so I like them the way they are.