The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The game is not boring after a year?

I've been playing for 8 months? and i feel burnt out. 

With the last few chapters being released, i feel like the game is taking up a lot of my energy.

Game performance, lacking content, same love and hate, same complaints and same debates.

And almost every match is nerve-wracking. it's not fun anymore, now it's more like I'm playing for my skills against others and not for fun. All the fun is gone, there will always be something that ruins our fun.

The people among us who have been playing for more than a year, how do you handle the game today?

How come you do not lose your temper when you're playing with what you hate?

Comments

• DouubleYou
    DouubleYou Member Posts: 28

Take a break if you feel burnt out. It is much better to take a break and do other things/ play other games if you hate the one you currently are playing. At that point it becomes more of a chore to play rather than fun so it is healthier to do so too.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,455

Just take a break, in my 4 years of playing Ive had a total of 2 burn outs that both lasted about a month or 2 and they helped out a bunch

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Take a break for a couple weeks or so.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I've been playing for almost around 3 and a half years, maybe closer to 4 years now. I just take breaks often, and the content honestly always feels fresh to me even if it is #########. I play some other games in between dbd as well, and IMO dbd's content feels better than a lot of game's "content".

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'll just answer the 3 questions.

1. If i found the game to be boring after 1 year then i wouldn't even be here. Entertaining is an absolute must-have for me with videogames.
    2. I just play how i want, that's all there's to it.
    3. Because i don't hate anything in this game. I have my fair share of annoyances with the game but i take those with all the good things the game provides me with, so i compromise.
  • Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,263

I've been playing for 2 years and it can be boring, but it is addicting. And winning, in either role, is just so satisfying, especially if the match was close. It's difficult to get the same feeling in other games.