Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Oregon Trail Video game - The longest game of it.

InnCognito
InnCognito Member Posts: 720
edited August 2021 in Off-topic

So a picture is worth 1,000 words. if anyone here remembers the First video game in school that we all got to play on Apple IIe computers with a 5.25 floppy disk. It was Number Munchers or Oregon Trail. I play it from time and time on a terminal. Mostly things go well on the trail. But sometimes the RNG is NOT in one's favor. This time. I hit the worst of it. I've ever seen.

This game starts out in march of 1848 and usually it takes the players until about November, or December at the latest (in the game). good players can really work the system and complete it well before the end of the game's year. But this time. I hit one of the worst RNGs ever.

• I played as the "Banker from Boston" (Because I wanted an easy game).
  • I lost my whole party Except me. Just after Fort Hall.
  • Most of my time was spent as my last character out on the trailer for the next 2 YEARS by himself.
  • Lost all of my ox teams 3 times in a row.
  • Had to spend 15 minutes each time, randomly pressing 7 trying to get some way to trade for a new ox.
  • Broke down 12 different times As Fort Walla Walla appeared on screen.
  • Pace was slow, Food rations set at MAX at all times.
  • Had NO RIVER Crossing tragedies (Thankfully).
  • I contracted more in-game illnesses than I've ever seen before from 1 match alone!

The photo was the end of my Journey. Nothing left to TRADE or Barter for in-game.

Yes, I spent nearly 2 YEARS out on the trail. :9

Wow, we have come a very very long way in Video games! (1980).

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

dedication, i have never played the game myself. i did play a couple similar games that had zombie themes tho

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

That is really something! I think there was a parody one called "The organ trail" which was about zombies!

Yes, I didn't want to give up on the match at all when it came to Oregon trail. I was hoping I would make it to Oregon after spending the amount of time I did bartering for an OX. But after that. I was hard-stuck and couldn't do anything else. But hey! Yes, I really had a good time!