The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is DS too easy to abuse?

124»

Comments

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

i think ds is fine. though id like to see small buffs to make it better for anti-tunnel

like, being able to use it twice (after each unhook)

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

No, because they can crawl out of the exit gate.

Ad also not necessarily because I also can't hook someone too quickly in succession or else I risk triggering DS as well. Hook fast enough to avoid reaching the endgame but not too fast that we trigger DS. Killers are to blame if they trigger DS and Killers are to blame if they let it stick around until the end. Essentially, Killers are to blame for not winning the game without ever triggering DS.

• TAG
    edited September 2021

It's not even that close to the Exit Gates. You have an entire minute to crawl out. DS is supposed to counter tunneling, not guarantee an escape. That is a scenario that should NOT happen. That pay-off is simply too high. I think nerfing a perk because of a weird situation is completely justified if a) that weird situation is very extreme b) the nerf in question only meaningfully affects that weird situation.

Imagine punishing a player for doing their objective.

...are you suggesting that a player should not be punished for doing gens or hooking people?

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91

Not any more since they make a trade for it by wasting productivity, if they saved it for endgame sure there is still potential there but mostly swf would be able to abuse it effectively which actually will become an issue (swf, not ds necessarily) for a growing amount of killers due to mmr but if you learn how to play as if you're 'farming' and just stack bbq you shouldn't to worry much about it unless you've been sweating too much most of the year already. Remember, devs want most survivors to escape so that they get happy and buy skins. So whether the imbalanced gameplay leads to it when mmr screws you over, or you let them all go to keep the mmr from screwing you over, get used to not expecting many kills as killer form now on and just switch over to survivor if that doesn't feel right for you.

• TAG
    edited September 2021

Hey, if you're gonna accuse me of ignoring your point, I'm gonna ask you to not ignore the question I posed. :P Did you suggest that players should not be punished for completing gens and hooking people?

Also, the scenarios you describe are not no-win scenarios. No-win scenario means that no matter what you do, you lose. If someone is downed near the Exit Gate with an active DS, the Killer is in a no-win scenario because both options (pick up and slug) will cause the Killer to definitely lose that Survivor.

So if you can explain how the Survivors can't win no matter what they do in the situations you describe, I'd be happy to concede the point to you.

And yes, I fully realize that I am suggesting changing an interaction that isn't terribly common. It means that changing this interaction solves a problem the perk causes without harming the rest of the perk in the vast majority of other cases. That is generally referred to as a "healthy change." :P