The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is Flip Flop worth the perk slot?

Idk whether or not it's worth equipping. On one hand, it give you a lot less wiggle progress to do to avoid getting hooked (especially in the situation where the killer slugs you and goes to chase after another survivor).

On the other hand, this perk is completely useless if the killer picks you up immediately.

Comments

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

The same can be said for Unbreakable. Killer picks you up instantly and bam. Wasted perk slot.

I think Flip Flop has some niche uses but it's just kind of risky. I've seen many survivors wiggle free because of being slugged with it. The other best known use of it is Power Struggle Flip Flop which I think is absolutely too risky for a niche combo.

Idk, when I want anti slug measures Unbreakable is more than enough and it's consistent.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

It can be, but I feel like you need to build around it to make it more likely to do anything. Combined with Unbreakable, Tenacity and Power Struggle it can be fun. On its own though the effect is too weak to bother running it, in my opinion.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Flip flop is a great perk. Killers don't expect the shorter wiggle time.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

No

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Flip flop is a terrible perk. Killers won't slug you long enough to get any use.

• DoctorIdiot
    DoctorIdiot Member Posts: 56

It's really bad and hardly ever works but it's absolutely amazing when it does

• Badonkadonk
    Badonkadonk Member Posts: 79

Flip Flop is the only perk you'll ever need.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

Used it with power struggle and tenacity, got three pallet stuns the same game with it, hillbilly was so confused looking for the "other" survivor before picking me up the other two times

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

Used it with power struggle and tenacity, got three pallet stuns the same game with it, hillbilly was so confused looking for the "other" survivor before picking me up the other two times

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Back when I played on my original Xbox One Boil over gave me fits. Could never get through a doorway and constantly got me stuck on #########. Not much effected on my series S but I still stare at the ground when going through doorways seem to help with stability.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

You'll get to use it one every 100 matches - maybe.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

Even if you get left long enough to use it the hooks are too close together for it to matter unless the killer gets greedy.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

It's either a life saver or it never comes into use

It's like Second Wind- Every time you have it, you don't need it. Every time you don't have it, you wish you did.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

It's extremely situational, and even in those slugged moments, the 50% conversion is too modest imo.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

At my level of play, it would be amazing. At higher ends? Eh. I wouldn't leave the DS, Unbreakable, Borrowed, Dead Hard shell if I wanted to win.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,346

Flip Flop can be surprisingly effective when slugged, because if you are left on the ground long enough and can crawl far enough from the closest hook you are basically guaranteed to wiggle off. However, you could have also pick yourself up with Unbreakable in that time.

It's not better than say Unbreakable as a 1 time guaranteed self pick up is much stronger than potentially multiple wiggle offs. But it's not a bad perk by itself.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,346

Boil Over's main problem is the hook aura prevention range is too small, imo. In my experience the few times I've played against Boil Over, I would down a survivor, pick them up, see a nearby hook, and then when I take a step towards the hook the aura disappears.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

It's really bad. Use it only in "fun" builds.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Only if you bring power struggle/unbreakable/smash hit/tenacity or whatever else with it. On its own, it's absolute garbage.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

No, use meta.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

It can be if the killer just keeps slugging even then you can still get hooked if the hook is close enough. But I would suggest maybe flip-flop and power struggle and just chill under pallets.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

When I had a problem with it (When I played original Xbox one) rotating camera made it worse for me. Unclear as to why looking at the ground while carrying helped. Either way don't have to anymore also unclear why it no longer effects me on Series S.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

You'll find yourself in a lot of situations where you'll be like "if only I had Flip-Flop." It's slept on quite a lot, but there are certainly better options.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

This is my problem 100%

I don't rarely use unbreakable for this same reason either.