Premonition Rework Idea and Should more perks have Aura Reading?

Options

Premonition

You have the undeniable capability to sense danger.

Get an auditory warning when looking in the Killer's direction within a 45° cone within 36 metres.

If the Killer is looking in your direction when within 36 metres of you when Premonition is triggered, their aura is revealed to you for 1 second.

Premonition has a cool-down of 60/45/30 seconds each time it activates.

"I have a bad feeling about this!"

The idea here was to help improve Premonition so it can stand up to Spine Chill a little bit better but be original in its own way. A premonition is a vision of impending doom or death so wouldn't it make sense that you see a flash of the killer before your eyes when/if they are heading your way to kill you? I feel like this is conditional enough as well, the 1 second of Aura flash isn't much and it would only happen if the killer is looking at you like Spine Chill at the very moment you look their way with Premonition. Plus Premonition has a cooldown so this likely couldn't be abused.

In general, I wish there was more aura reading perks on both sides. I know many don't share this sentiment but I feel as though it's a very under explored caveat in DBD and would like to see more of it.

Let me know your thoughts

Comments

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Hmm... shouldn't it work the opposite way? I feel like it would make more sense to play the warning when the killer looks in your direction then when you look in theirs get the aura reading. It would justify the function of the warning.

Also I'd say bump the aura reading up to 2 seconds and knock down the cooldown to 20 seconds.