I feel like DS is overrated

Options

I feel like DS is a waste of a perk slot. If i get tunneled I'll get tunneled . DS just delays the inevitable. Either the killer will wait it out like BT or I'll get away and they'll just keep tunneling me. I'd rather just use a perk that gets consistent value each game.

Comments

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

there should never exist a perk that totally stops tunneling

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

It's only a waste if your whole team wastes time. Ofc with your average bad solo survivors, DS isn't that great because nobody is able to hold long chase or pressure gens.

But once you actually play well and your teammates too, pressure gens a lot, manage to go on long chases etc, killer no longer has the time to wait out DS or go for 8+ hook games since he'll run out of gens before even single survivor dies.

It's amazing anti-tunneling / momentum perk. It denies killer the most optimal win stratgey, to lower the number of survivors he has to manage from 4 to 3. With enough good gameplay from all survivors and some help from DS, inevitable becomes very evitable.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,622
    Options

But it should also not be possible to ignore DS with the stronger Killers like Blight or Nurse.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

It feels good to DS a killer that tunnels you, but it doesn’t really do that much to stop them if they want you dead. If a Nurse or a Blight or a Spirit eats a DS they can cover the distance you got from the stun very easily.

It does buy your team time though. The chase is extended for long enough for your team to pop a gen or two, if they know what they’re doing. That’s really the value of the perk, buying your team enough time that the killer can only get one tunnel kill, maybe two, instead of being able to kill one person fast and snowball from there.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited September 2021
    Options

If such a perk were to be created. Then I demand a perk that totally stops gen progression.

As for DS I feel the current version is fine. It was broken for 4 years because people did whatever they wanted right in the killers face for 1 whole minute. Now it only works if the killer is actually tunneling off the hook.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I still think DS is a strong perk, I run it most of my matches.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 308
    edited September 2021
    Options

I think DS is a good perk but I'd like it to be more meaningful against genuine tunnelling. I think you should be able to heal while it's active but only heal. Touching a gen or totem should still disable it.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

You mean dead hard right?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

If anything, it is underrated. People downplay it just because it was nerfed despite it more or less being one of the best survivor perks. Top 5, at least, probably top 3 given the nature of it relative to other perks.

• razberrypizza
    razberrypizza Member Posts: 132
    Options

It is Anti tunnel and goes beyond that. If the killer really insists on chasing after stun they leave 3 survivors on gens and basically throw the entire match. If you get smart about it, you can even use it to bail team mates out of chases, taking a more offensive approach with the perk. As is, i think it is perfect