The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will I get falsely banned?

I went against 2 hacker Dwights this morning who was duo together in dbd. Before the game started they kept changing their names in the lobby knowing what killer I was with harassing names. They had infinite health states, infinite DS even without hooked, infinite healing others and was doing every single action faster.

When the game ended, they was like "ez baby killer" and was saying "imagine being racist" and changed their steam name to my name and spammed racial slurs and said they reported me. I reported both of them in game and did make 2 tickets with clips of proof but I couldn't get their steam links because they changed it before I could load it. Will I get falsely banned because of this?

Sorry, I get super paranoid when hackers are in my game.

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

You can't get banned if you did nothing wrong.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

I'd usually say no, but given that hacker now have a way to change their names/player id number data in the end game lobby (while also making themselves unreportable), I don't know what to tell you :(

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

If you get paranoid with hackers, why did you play the game when they revealed themselves as hackers before the game started? You could have just dodged them.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited September 2021

Kind of.. Like some hackers are able to do things like becoming completely invulnerable even after end game collapse has completed forcing one of you to DC. Also, some streamers were somehow given 30 min+ bans by some hackers.

But Banned by BHVR or EAC directly, probably really low chance, if at all.

• Sadness
    Sadness Member Posts: 18

They changed their name before I could back out/dodge

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307
    edited September 2021

Considering BHVR says you don't need any proof beyond just reporting in-game for chat-based rule violations, I'd imagine they have some sort of way to figure out who says what. Presumably and hopefully on a non-spoofable ID basis, no matter if that's the in-game ID string or one of the persistent steamIDs like steamID32 / steamID64.

So you should be fine. A perfect example of why the rule against naming and shaming exists though, as it's so easy to straight up fabricate evidence that might not convince BHVR, but it can certainly convince random people more than it should.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

This is currently happening to me, I upset some cheater the other day and now they feel that they need to scare me.

It didn't work though, because this has happened before and I nothing happened to me.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Oh, like when it locks up and you can't do anything, even readying up, to save a few seconds?

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

Went up against a hacker who can be picked up faster than an unbreakable. Like they were pretty bad at blinding. I'm hoping for something to stop this.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955
    edited September 2021

i doubt it, they could try taking a screenshot of "your" comment and send it to bhvr but i doubt they will do anything precisely because of what you said happened. And if they used the ingame report they shot themselves in the foot because game accounts are always bound to an ID

Post edited by Yatol on
  • Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,917

BHVR is well aware of this, and you should report it in-game and via the website. https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• Slay___
    Slay___ Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 898

There would be match ID and game engine assigned unique ID for players ("Cloud/Player ID" in game settings).

I am curious what you mean by "couldn't get their steam links because they changed it before I could load it." part? Does Steam load current URL or old URL which might become invalid if gets changed once or more.

To grab permanent URL type ?xml=1 to end of the URL and grab the SteamID64 from the XML page. Then to access their profile use format of https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/steamID64

This permanent URL cannot be changed like the custom URL for steamcommunity.com/id/ can be changed.

• Sadness
    Sadness Member Posts: 18

I actually didn't know this and just tried it to find their profiles and found them and filed another ticket on the website with their profiles. Thank you so much for the help. It means a lot.