Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - No Pallet Drop in Chase Sequence and Error: 25

Keraejis
Keraejis Member Posts: 5
edited October 2021 in Bug Reporting
  1. In a previous session I began the archive task that asks to drop 10 pallets while being chased (By any means necessary - I think it is called - second tier in current archive). I was able to drop 3 pallets using Steve in three different game maps. Then I left the game till the next day.
  2. I began playing again the next day (Sept 6) but changed to Leon. While not in a chase sequence with a killer, the button press notification came up to drop a pallet while I was close to the pallet. To be sure I moved all around to see where I could get the notification and where it disappeared. I did not try to drop the pallet since I may need it during the match while being chased.
  3. Shortly, while being chased by a killer and running to the pallet to use it against the killer, I found no notification onscreen and I tried holding the button and spamming the button to no effect. I was definitely within the area that I would normally be able to drop the pallet on the killer.
  4. Afterward, when not being chased, I went back to the pallet and the notification printed onscreen again in the same area that I tried in number 2 above. I did not attempt to drop the pallet thinking I would use it in the next chase. But the same thing as number 3 happened again.
  5. This happened on 3 different maps with three different killers (unsure if they were the same player as killer but I doubt it).
  6. I complained of this to my roommate who was playing as another survivor with me and his solution was to pause the archive task, select a new task from a previous archive and keep playing. In the next match I did not get a chance to see if it solved the issue and we stopped playing for the evening.
  7. I left the lobby and tried to look at the archive. The archive autoloaded the previous task page that I was currently doing (the earlier archive). But when I tried to view the current archive I got an error and it could not load. I tried pausing the newly accepted task and tried again with the same result. Meanwhile, just to reiterate, the task I had selected was still on pause in the current archive (By Any Means Necessary(?)).
  8. I thought that maybe I need to close the game and restart. I did, or rather, I tried. Now I can't load the game at all and it gives me an application error: 25. This takes me to the anticheat site to try to troubleshoot.
  9. I used Steam to check the integrity of the game files and after the scan it said I was good.
  10. I tried to load the game again and got the same application error and the game won't load.
  11. Character played was Leon with his 3 unique perks in an attempt to get the Adept Leon achievement. Which is another issue (possible related?) where, in this game against the hillbilly, the killer DCed halfway through the match causing the survivors to win (one of the other survivers DCed as well) and I did not get credit for the achievement. The map was the Shape's map. It was also the last game I played before I couldn't load the archive and then after exiting the game, could not get back into the game.
  12. My next step is to uninstall the game and try to install again to see if that fixes it. Regardless on if this works or not, it definitely seems like something that isn't supposed to happen and may need to be looked at.

Thanks much

Post edited by Keraejis on
1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Keraejis
    edited September 2021

Update.

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I still cannot play it. The anticheat loads then waits for a while. Next I get a pop-up that says could not load with application error 25. It sends me to the anticheat support page of which the only thing I haven't tried is re-install my OS, Windows 10. I tried a search for what error 25 is and I do not find an answer.

Edit: I didn't try searching on these forums for Error 25, just the internet. So searching...

Update: one of the options did help me load the game. Clearing the download cache in Steam:

Although I still did not receive the achievement on Steam for Adept Leon and since I haven't been able to play, I haven't been able to see if the pallet drop problem can be replicated since the Hellraiser update.

Post edited by Keraejis on
  • Keraejis

I just wanted to update that this did not work. For a while I had to do this Clear Download Cache every time I wanted to play DBD. Then it went to clear it and it might start and it might not. I had to try it a minimum of three times before I can play the game.

Now, I can't play the game at all. I've tried everything I've been able to find on the internet that could fix this and nothing works. I get Application Error: 25 every time.

I have not been able to play the game for a couple weeks now because of this error. I'm giving up. The game has become unplayable for me. I'm tired of researching how to try to get this game working. I've spent too much time on it. Send me a message when this is fixed because I'm not even going to waste my time looking to see if it's fixed.