Tunneling, Camping, and Slugging

Options
2»

Comments

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I have just tried 3 hours of not tunnelling and camping, until final gen pops that is. This includes not switching targets to the unhooked one being healed, even if I run pass them in a chase. Even left a baby Dwight who I could have easily tunnelled out quite quickly.

0k to 1k in most of my matches. Therefore I think tunnelling is needed to make the match a bit less stress inducing and more fair for low to mid skilled killers.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options
  • InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Options

The topic continues to be an intense discussion. Here is my 10 cents on it: Mostly these problems are for new players and players that play in mid-tier ranks. Casuals. I admit I play this game as a casual past-time and I am no longer in the mindset of High Rank playing.

As the game stands today. It IS adjusted fairly well for high rank gameplay in the survivor's favor and in lower ranks it is going to be killer dominate.. Especially in high rank matches Where players are really good at mobility, chases, obstacle evasion and mind games. But the vast majority of posted issues in the game are there because the killer perks are too strong for mid-tier and starting players. Which is a problem because the skill gap is a BIG step between A perk such as BBQ being too strong against most groups and too weak against SWF De-pip squads.

I am a casual survivor so...

1 ) I would like to see the killers of the game have a reason to NOT do this in the first place. But if a person constantly flash light spams the killer. The killer would like to have a reason to eliminate that player from the game for said reason.

2 ) I would think that perhaps buffs to FIRE UP or Brutal strength would be fair.

3 ) i think it would be fair that the discussion of blood lust is fair, since certain pallet points can become too strong either way.

4 ) I would like to see distortion buffed somehow.

5 ) I think hatch closing removes the incentive to the survivor for extended efforts in a match.

6 ) I do feel that in high rank playing that Tunneling is almost always mandatory, Despite even I find it be unsportsmanlike while playing the killer.

7 ) I do think that a "favor-type" game mechanic implemented into the game for lower ranks would help it out. That way players being tunneled and camped can have a chance to not be singled out and eliminated from the match early on. But then we have the issue of high rank players that could essentially never be eliminated from a match.

I also feel that an obsession being picked no matter what in each match. is NOT healthy for the game. As this does promote tunneling.

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    Options

Probably you have never played as a killer, I can throw millions of videos where people like you thank for the lack of camping and tunneling by tbagging at the exit gates.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

Short of making Fire Up not requiring the losing of gens to be effective on top of generally making its effect more worthwhile to being no one is going to use it. Brutal Strength doesn't need a buff as it does exactly what its meant to and quite well considering I think at tier 3 you're breaking palettes in one second flat?

Distortion's issue is that the game has a ton of aura reading on both sides at this point so those charges get used up real fast. Though I get the sense that the devs sort of want it that or they just forget this perk exists.

Hatch closing is a necessary evil due to hatch functions.

Obsession does far less to promote tunneling than you'd think.

The most basic valid reason to tunnel is purely the game is less of a chore when you have only three players. Though certain items are getting you put out the game early like keys and flashlights. Camping's just situational of most players and one thing I've noticed is people don't give killers enough time to leave the hook before their rushing in. The killer is in a weird position as they have to choose between letting it happen or defending the hook. If you're goal is bp then letting the run is less a painful decision, but if your goal is to win then you're going to protect your hook. Slugging is one of the best universal killer tools for generating map pressure on killers who lack pressure tools. I've gotten a lot of pushback for bringing that up, but it's still true. Some killers will need to slug a bit, but slugging till bleedout is a pretty trashy thing to do.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    Options

If you DC against killer who does anything you don't like... YOU HELP THE KILLER.

Don't like something? Start penalizing it. Run Kindred and just watch and laugh at them being genrushed. Same goes for DS or Small Game if you don't like noed.

You have tools, use them.

• Kaimick
    Kaimick Member Posts: 24
    Options

So this is survivors entitlement at the max.

1. you can bring Sprint Burst, Dead Heart, Lithe, Balanced Landing, Barrowed Time, Decisive Strike
    2. you can booty hump at the end of a match to make fun of a killer
    3. you have the advantage in the game as it is 4v1
    4. you can flashlight
    5. you can heal
    6. you can bring new part, pink syringe, pink bulb
    7. You complain about tunneling but you wont leave a gen at 90% and go fix another one. You complain about tunneling but for most killers, did you Run at them? did you touch a Gen, Did you open a chest, Did you try and save someone? You complain about camping but I am betting that you just don't realize your buddies are running around the hook. Do you seriously expect the Killer that whole purpose in the game is to remove survivors before you escape to just let you get off the hook. And slugging is the best one of them all, you survivors will open the gate, and then booty hump the ground to insult the killer (which is trash talking) and will wait out the timer to the last minute which I believe that is 3 minutes, then leave at the last second, but cry over a 5 minute slug. So you can waste the killers time but god forbid your time gets wasted.
  • Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

what about survivors that is tunneling gens

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Sorry but I have been trying to play fair, no tunnelling or camping for a few days now until most gens are completed. Still mostly 4 survivors escaping and getting t bagged at the gate.

Tunnelling is the only way to make for a fair match for mediocre skill players.