The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pinhead Is trash-tier.

DeanIcity
DeanIcity Member Posts: 180
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

How do you guys not take the constructive criticism that was given during the PTB? The chain event got buffed? You guys thought this was the issue?

Then on top Of It, the game crashes at the end of every game now. GG

I would like to be able to freely talk about what Is bad about this killer. Why people think he Is super weak still.

.....because

He Is.

This Is the first time I've ever felt like I wanted a refund for a killer. Then the voice lines are removed as well? You guys for real? I don't get It.

EDIT: This should not have been moved considering It's extremely relevant to the general public discussion right now.

Also, stop editing people's posts. You have a censor on your posts for "bad words". What's the point In the censorship If you're just going to adjust people's posts anyway.

..whatever though. I shouldn't be surprised.

Post edited by DeanIcity on

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

He feels amazing to me, I dont know what y'all are doing wrong.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

probably will be. Aside from the crashing I've heard people say he's actually pretty fun

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

Totally agree and i made my own rant as well, it's gross whats going on

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

I've also heard people say hes good in some spots, ok? He doesn't really help you that much even at the shack loop

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792

He is fun when you get baby survivors. With SWF he is useless. They will coordinate which survivor goes for the box and you will never get chain hunt.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

It's also messing with my muscle memory as a Nurse player. Im used to putting the marker on the target. As pinhead I find I want it to be a little bit behind them so I have a slight amount of time to aim.

• DeanIcity

How are they more consistent now? They literally feel the same, Ineffective, hard to hit, little reward for actually hitting It. It's not worth It 90% of the time to even go for chains. He's essentially a really cool looking killer, with no voice line now, a ######### power, who Is trash-tier M1 class. It's not worth the money spent, It's even more unbelievable that these are the changes the decided on AFTER the PTB.

Now games are constantly crashing too.

It really Is unacceptable.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I have, they all were busy using Head On, flashlighting and bodyblocking to realize that they were willingly letting the Chain Hunt progress without also getting gens done.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited September 2021

The developers should stop making killers with ranged powers so frequently. They clearly have too much difficulty balancing them

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

That's your opinion, the majority of the community considers Twins to be A tier.

• glitchboi
    edited September 2021

Yeah they're better than Demo, not on par with Blight but maybe on par with Hag.

I can't really say anything else, other than the fact that most content creators put Twins at A.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Have you ever versed a good Twins player? Twins is 100% A tier. Demo is nothing compared to them. They have some of the biggest snowball potential in the game, similar to Nurse in that if everyone is injured it's very easy to slug all 4 survivors. Victor is very powerful if you use him correctly. I also think you shouldn't underestimate the power of being able to control 2 parts of the map at once.

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792

Yeah, against SWF he is miserable. They coordinate which one goes for box.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Never said it wasn't. Whether you like them or hate them, they're still A tier.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 421

They've fixed the issues with his chains and I like his innate slow-down with the box so he isn't quite bad. Just fine for the most part really. The only complaint I have about him is how much a pain in the ass it is to land chains but that comes down to more practice than anything else I guess. All of his perks are surprisingly decent and I can't wait to unlock them on other killers.

• glitchboi

Yeah I agree, I don't like the playstyle for them required to be good, but despite that, they're still good.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It's funny how many people go into new chapters expecting a killer as easy as Bubba and as strong as Nurse.

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185

He's ok, I have been using his power at close range and it seems to work better than activating it at long ranges because they break too fast and they can be broken which is dumb but it's whatever. I still don't think they should be able to put pallets down when they are chained. I just want to know why they took the voice line out, I liked it and it was perfectly fine.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

I think you need to give him more time. Hos chains take some getting used to but they are effective once you understand how to use them best. The trick is gauging your distance from the survivor and the distance of where the chains will teleport. You want to land a hit quickly once theyre spawned.

You also need to anticipate where a survivor will be moving to when you land a hit while your still positioning the teleport.

Its tricky but thats why i like it. When you get a solid hit and anticipate a survivor that well it feels very rewarding.

You also need to make a good judgement call as to when its worth teleporting to the lament configuration.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
  • HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I'm sorry but for how hard he is to play he is WAY to weak. Play at nurse level of skill for clown level of strength? No, make him way easier to play or make him a top tier killer, none of this mid tier crap.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Nah, people who are good at the game know that only Nurse and Spirit are worth mentioning against good survivors. The community considering Twins as A is also an opinion, so you shouldn’t have mentioned it as a talking point.

• glitchboi
    edited September 2021

I'm basing it off for what most people think, but eh, whatever, I respect your opinions on that, no reasons for me to keep talking about Twins on a topic about Pinhead.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Can't agree. Especially at loops his power has helped me a lot.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

What loops is his power helping you at that aren't already unsafe or mindgameable?

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I will say if you hit your chains in certain loops you can cut the chase time because you don't need to mind game plus mind games are a 50/50 situation at best. But I do think his power is a little underwhelming

• DeadByFrameLag
    DeadByFrameLag Member Posts: 56

Same, ######### killer, weak af. Almost Completly unplayable against good (and not insane / competitive) premades.

• LastKnown1
    LastKnown1 Member Posts: 3

I agree with OP. I made a account here just to put in my two cents. Pinhead in terms of animation, sound, and music is amazing. Game play wise he's very weak. The chains do close to nothing. If youre playing against someone half way confident you may as well not use your power as you risk missing and if you do hit them the chase continues as if you didn't use your power at all. Infact using his power is far more a risk than reward. Also the chain storm is too slow and as long as the survivor is atleast walking they won't get hit.

Chain strength needs to either be doubled again (assuming the current chain strength isn't a bug) or instead of just 3 chains something like 5 chains, at current strength, should spawn. Chain storm needs to for sure be buffed as there's not much benefit to it and it seems the developers are trying to balance his powers with it in mind. Maybe atleast a constant 2 chains spawning instead of just one slow spawn?

ALSO ABOVE ALL ELSE BRING BACK HIS VOICE.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

That is basically what I found to be consistent. It made unsafe loops REALLY unsafe loops. That was about it. I need an advanced guide to demonstrate under what circumstances you save enough time to warrant the risk of landing the chain. Because like, it seems negligible at best in most circumstances unless chain hunt is involved. In which case, all of a sudden the power is really easy to land and much stronger because you have plenty of time to get there as they are tied down by half a dozen chains. Lol.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I´m curious how Twins will perform once the sbmm goes live. I´ve a feeling that they won´t be as strong as most people think.

• CharrLintu
    CharrLintu Member Posts: 1

I completely understand where you're coming from! I love a challenge, but the fact he can teleport to the puzzle box while you're solving it is a huge disadvantage for a survivor! Also every match I've played with him I've disconnected.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited September 2021

Chain hunt being active changes the game for him quite a bit, unfortunately, you don't control that. Finding the box is a matter of being in the right place at the right time, and that's about it (it's not something you're meant to interact with at any consistent level, based on how it is designed - that is to say, poorly).

Most of the time I play Pinhead, I'm thinking.. "Did I even gain distance? Was it worth it doing this over walking up for an M1 or forcing an early drop?" He doesn't feel good or rewarding to play at the moment for how tricky his chain can be to hit. This is what we get when they make us their QA department for killer concepts instead of testing it internally (no, they didn't test it internally. There's no way in hell they did. Absolutely no way).

• DeanIcity

This is a fantastic idea. It also highlights another huge downfall to this killer for sure. So many games are being sabotaged by survivor control over one the the biggest aspects to this killer. That Is absurd.

The chain Is extremely hard to hit as well, with very little reward. I find that hitting the chain at times Is actually worse for me than If I didn't try to hit them at all. When should that ever be okay? Especially when this is one of the hardest powers to land, If not thee hardest.

Also. I didn't realize this at the time of posting this thread.

What did you guys do to the lunge of this killer? I can not express how many times I missed a hit that absolutely would've been a hit with any other killer. Seriously. I thought I was just delusional at first but there Is no way. Literally no way, something Is extremely wrong with this killers lunge.

Them, of course, the obvious bugs and crashes.

Absolutely unacceptable.

• DeanIcity

If you are close range, then M1 them. Why even bother at that point? It's still useless if you have to be close to use It. Even then, for me, it's not always beneficial to use, even close range. It's just a trash power right now.

• DeanIcity

Nobody with common sense would conclude what you just did based on all the feedback given so far.

I expect a killer that works properly. First and foremost.

Beyond that. I expect If the skill gap of the killer Is probably even higher than nurse, the reward should be at least as good as Bubba. It's not. Not even close.

The skill gap Isn't the problem. The killer Is just weak and survivor's have far too much control over the box.

• DeanIcity

They absolutely did not fix any issues with his initial power. They didn't even touch it from what I can tell.

The chain event feels a bit better but you don't even get to the chain event most of the time because it's so easy for survivors to control that aspect of the passive event.

It becomes even more frustrating when one survivor can pick up the box, Is the only one that remains affected by the box, and can run to a strong loop tile before summoning the teleport, which then leaves the killer at another disadvantage.

It's just bad all the way around.