Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Getting Past Low MMRs As Survivor

DawnMad
DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

As a survivor I have been being matched with not very good survivors in my recent games. I want to believe MMR is working and this is because I haven't played much these last few months. I assumed it would get better as I play more but after a few games it was obvious that in a scenario where bad survivors face a bad killer, killer would nearly always get a 4k.

So here's my question, how is a survivor supposed to get past this when in most of their games its literally impossible to escape no matter how well they play? It seems like a pit you can only get out with a group, which feels like an issue.

Comments

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

ignore the crap out of gens like your team is and use them as a point pinata.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190

It's impossible and a product of bad design. Due to BHVR refusing to show MMR in game, I suspect they are using a very awful system that forces good players to play with bad ones. Here's an example.

Killer is "5000" MMR. Survivor 1 is "6000" MMR. Now the matchmaking system needs to make adjustments, as the first survivor is already "too high" an MMR to be matched with the killer. So to compensate, it will add in a bunch of lower MMR players into the match, let's say "3000" MMR. So basically, because this is an asymmetrical game and this system is a horrible idea to use, if you are the 6K survivor you will likely realize that your team mates are all much, much worse than not only you, but also as the killer, because the system tried to balance you being in the game by adding weak players.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Survivors can do well without needing to escape. Do gens, safe saves, stun the killer in chase, and breaking totems van all be done solo. If your teammates are bad that just gives you more opportunity and a distraction for the killer. Be the last one standing and the game provides you a chance to escape without the others assistance.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

By doing better? I am horrible at survivor and am still getting good teammates. More good ones than before. I do chests, totems, unhook/heal in addition to gens. Maybe you are just too focused on one thing? The system seems to love me even though I cannot run a killer for longer than 10 seconds unless I am on Lery's.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,178

I feel the system is taking into account the overall spread of the original emblem systems. As @ThiccBudhha says, they get good team mates and do a variety of the things required by those old emblems. Likewise, I usually do a whole lot of different things in-game, and my fellow survivors or oposing survivors are always very capable, and the killer is always very skilled, and yet at no time during SBMM have I felt it's been imbalanced.

I'd recommend survivors trying to aim for a mix of objectives in game. Say, complete 2× gens, 1 unhook, 1 heal, 1 totem/chest and 1 chase. For killer, it's a bit different, but as killer I'd aim to get 7-8 hooks, 1 sacrifice, and aim to have a final endgame around 3-4 gens which are close together as a minimum, as well as using your power whenever appropriate. Also, don't face-camp and go for those protective hits and "spread the love".

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Same. All my matches tonight with two exceptions were thoroughly enjoyable. Haven't had this much fun in a couple years now. Most team mates were pretty good, had some really bad ones who felt it was better to crouch around instead of saving people, but overall it was a fantastic set of matches tonight.

Curious to see how my MMR really stands up though because I rarely, if ever, survive matches, but I do as much as possible to help my team out and get them safely out the Exit Gates. Sometimes I screw up and just get steamrolled, but I usually do well on BP and at the minimum get a safety.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I remembered this one game where Nea brought a key and everyone but me got a hatch escape.

I can't help but laugh because Pinhead just stared me down while I was holding his box.

Like he thought I was being a naughty naughty.

That game was also fun, reasonably challenged without feeling frustrated at the game.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I got left on the hook today at 5 gens and the next game was so fast that i got one gen done and the only save for a depip... yay I am sure that was totally in my control and boosted my mmr by loads.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

You don't have to escape to rank up. Get in a few chases, save a few teammates, do a few totems and gens if you can. Safety pipping isn't hard doing this at low ranks, and barely difficult at iridescent. Strive for that and eventually you'll rank up.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

I think it’s this as well. Pinhead is not helping the situation either, because he has a mechanic that pulls you off of objectives, your noobish teammates ALWAYS ignore this objective, and if you try to do it yourself he just teleports to you. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a good spot and try to time it just “right,” you’re taking too much aggro.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

It's 12 hours in.

Everyone is basically back at the starting line from Pro's to newbies.

Give the game a month for people to start to move.