We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

DBD movies and web series

Options
HevyRevy
HevyRevy Member Posts: 1

With all the lore in the game, why hasnt Behavior created horror movies that go into detail about the lore and origins of the killers in the game, and a web series that follows the survivors and their trials and also gives insight into their lore and origins? It just seems extremely long over due, and I am sure the community and beyond would love to see it happen.

Comments

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

I think it's likely because DBD already excels at telling stories through gameplay. I think dbd is at it's best when everyone's playing in character, like willing actors in a horror movie. I think the storytelling is why I love the game so much, personally. I think it would be incredibly difficult to tell those personal stories as a TV show or series of movies - kind of in the same boat as Dungeons and Dragons; the grand scope makes it so hard to quantify.

personally, I'd be happy to just receive more lore that builds those natural stories in place of a show.

that, and licencing shenanigans, probably.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Archives exist for this reason

I don't think they have enough money and there wouldn't be enough profit. A lot of the DBD killers feel very generic.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,743
    edited September 2021
    Options

Costs and time

I'm speaking as someone who has work on audioplays, both original and fanmade stuff, and that alone costs time and money. Yes, even the fanmade stuff.

Now imagine animated or liveaction stuff, which includes not just payment for the actors and crew, but insurance, proper catering etc.

Edit: Though maybe they could partner with CryptTv?