Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Help clarify something for me

People used to complain that rank system was broken, matching them with people too good or too bad, and they want to play people their skill level.

then people complained that the first sbmm test didn’t work and it needs to be fixed.

Now it’s working (in theory, give it time to settle) and matching people with their skill level people are mad.

what did people want when they said they wanted matchmaking and rank system fixed? Isn’t this the solution to that or is there another way?

genuinly asking, I know precisely nothing about actually making games

Comments

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

People are inpatient. They see a new system is out so expect everything to be fixed.

It's like the start of a new sports season, all the top teams are playing the bottom teams again. The ladder needs time to even the teams out.

• Probably because most people are mad they don't go against people that are below their skill level now.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Because killers don't have easy games anymore and survivors don't have easy escapes. Also people are just saying what their favorite Twitch/You Tuber are saying. I been seeing a lot of .ttv stream titles that have something bad to say about SBMM so naturally some people will follow whatever the content creators say.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,263

Harder games. there is a limit to how much a relatively good player can handle tough matches. there will be complaints when it's no longer fun to deal with the same thing.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

I feel like MMR is just a cover anyway.

To protect new players to be stomped, which will increase player retention.

Which will increase money spent in the game.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

There are people that just like to complain. And complaining about BHVR and DbD is something really really popular.

there are also people that just want easy matches, many of the streamers that now complain they have to sweat fall under this category.

in the end. There are all kinds of people. There will always be people that complain about a change for various reasons. Or if something doesn’t change. Some people just liked the emblem based matchmaking because their matches actually were fun for them. Nothing wrong with that.

we all lack knowledge about the big data, statistics and so on. We are allowed to give feedback on something like this if we are not happy about it. Of course some of that shouldn’t be made if it’s just because of the reasons I stated above, but you will never be able to stop that.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If SBMM works out, then the imbalances of the game will become more apparent. Thats kind of what we are seeing now. In Rank based, the red rank skill gap was too wide and muddy the statistics. It also gave too many players false impressions.

Killers that thought they were good are now facing more players of equal skill and finding it more difficult to handle.

Solo survivors are more often teaming with competent survivors and doing better in matches.

What SBMM will do is show the game for what it is and hopefully allow proper balancing changes in the future.