rank 20 killer.

Alright so, I have never played killer before in regular lobbies and I’m basically a rank 20 killer. I wanted to start out with huntress as my first try since I kinda played her only one time during a kill your friends game. But I need tips. What are the good perks to start off with, etc. I have also noticed that the killer lobbies take really really slow time to get people in especially with the event going on, but I figured it was because of my rank too. h e l p p l s. 

Best Answers

Answers

• moka264
    moka264 Member Posts: 5

Huntress isn't bad to learn on. This is an interesting topic. Most guides tend to assume you've got all the perks.

I started playing this almost 2 months ago now, and I'm currently a rank 5 Killer on ps4. Here's some stuff I've learned.

Read/learn what the status effects mean that you are inflicting. Some of them could use better names. IE: Exposed doesn't expose them, it lets you one shot them.(I call it Vulnerable)

Sometimes it's better to stop chasing someone to put pressure on the generators. This doesn't mean drop all your chases. You will just have to learn what a good chase is, and what a bad chase is. But in general: If they are running you to the opposite side of the map the gens are on, they are a distraction.

Good perks:
    Good perks on your first killer is kinda hard. You chose the Huntress, and her personal kit tends to be lacking, IMHO. her Hex, Huntress Lullaby is pretty decent for slowing down the game, but suffers from the same problem all decent hex's have. They glow. So not to hard to find, no matter where you shove them. (not that you can choose where they go)

Sloppy Butcher is GREAT. It's 100% as effective at slowing down the game at rank 1 as it is at rank 3.

Bitter Murmer: I STILL run this in high skill games on my hag. It's guaranteed that decent survivors will get a couple generators at least. you might as well get all the information you can from it (like where to ambush them)

Hex: No One Escapes Death: If survivors are..Surviving. Then this will be your new best friend. Suddenly those quick opening exit gates will feel like an eternity. And best of all, it's almost as effective at rank 1 as rnak 3, the difference being your movement speed buff. This hex is better then others because it only turns a torem on, once the gates are powered, and they wont know until you've put one or two down with it, that they need to find that totem.

Iron Grasp: I absolutely hate someone wiggling free right before a hook. This will make there struggles in vain.

Other then that, it's all about playstyle. I like to slow down healing as much as possible. But you should consider getting Overcharge from the Doctor. it will stop people roaching generators (sneaking right behind you after you break it, to stop it's regression. It puts a skillcheck on the action, which will degrade the gen extra far if they fail It's great and is much better then Hex: Ruin for consistant game slowing.)

Thank you so much for the advice, but I can never get people to join my lobby.. do you or anyone else know what to do? I tried waiting around 7 minutes to 10 and still got no one :/