We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Anyone getting random skilled team mates?

Marigoria
Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

Last time SBMM was on I was really happy to be getting good team mates.

This time around, it seems to be quite random.

Just now I had a urban evading, self caring bill, leaving everyone die on hook while hiding in a locker. How is are useless people like this getting on my team, when I'm doing pretty well on my matches?

The team before this was amazing btw.

Comments

• Marigoria

I don't think it's a matter of "great survivors never lose".

And I dont think the game is putting you with people with 50 hours on purpose. It simply is just not working as good as it was on the last test.

• TheGreg666
    TheGreg666 Member Posts: 4

I like getting a mixed bag of players. It reminds me of how a real horror movie plays out. Of course it’s frustrating when you’re the one hanging on a hook for an hour while Bill hides in a locker, but that’s totally what someone would do in a movie. He’s like, “I’m not going out there! There’s a psycho with a chainsaw running around!”

Also, I don’t really care about ranking and winning, so my opinion is probably wrong.

• Marigoria

This game stops being scary after 5 hours. I should not be having players with 5 hours in my team if I almost have 5k.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I totally agree. I think you get some good games, then you get punished to keep that 50% survival rate.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

Oh most definitely. For sure the killers aren't the greatest but it's giving me teammates who I would guess are rank 20s. They're so scared to do anything, can't last in chase, use up all the pallets in like 0.2 seconds making he entire map a dead zone. Then sometimes I'm getting teammates who we can each run for like a solid minute or so. It's just WHACK.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

On the opposite side, Played my first 3 games of Pinhead after SBMM came out, first game was a 4k wipeout of the team who didn't seem to know what they were doing, 2nd was against a sweaty as hell team who were above avg and all escaped, 3rd was similar to the 2nd, but at least I barely managed to squeeze out 2 kills (like literally, 2nd guy got downed at the gate after their teammates left).

After that I started my 4th game and got 1 good survivor with 3 complete noobs... it just feels so inconsistent.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,844

Thats a sure fire way for me to stop playing if I keep getting brand new teammates. It’s incredibly frustrating knowing the killer will just focus them out of the game to win and there’s ######### all I can do about it.

Also this isn’t a movie it’s a game, and it’s not scary.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,890

Well said. I think you may be on to something as well. Whenever I start winning with like-minded players, all of a sudden i start getting dumped with scaredy cat noobs doing the dumbest #########. Going against Pinhead with these scrubs is the absolute WORST. They’re too scared to do gens- do you really think they would go for the box and try to prevent a chain hunt?? Hell no.

There’s a portion of us who did not have a good experience on the last test….or the ones before. What you are experiencing now, is what I went through during the last PTB. Something is not right. I don’t like this. Very frustrating. I even screen shotted (3 times) and sent a buddy of mine the post game with me being at the top against a IRI grade I killer, with teammates who were a mix of Ash, Silver, & Gold IV’s & III’s. Only me and the killer were IRI (I’m III). Back to back to back. I’m getting ready to quit. I don’t understand why the killer is not the same level as them. I can’t be expected to carry a bunch of scrubs against killers that were once Rank 1’s & 2’s. This is absolutely ridiculous. I am not having fun. To top it all off, if I don’t do a map offering- the game keeps spamming Hawkins, The Game, Suffocation Pit, & Shelter Woods!! ######### is going on?? How many maps this game has and I keep going to these maps that favor the killer. What’s up with the map Algorithm???

• Anki
    Anki Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2021

My theory is this. If your performance can be judged from 1-5, 5 being the best possible, you will be matched with other players who play at your level no matter what their grade is. So if you just bought the game 2 hours ago, destroy the first killers you play against as a survivor, you are a level 5 survivor (still at ash grade) and now you will be matched with, for example Iridescent I level 5 survivors, or gold III level 5 killers.

Point is, maybe the game isn't trying to kill you. It just thinks those Ash IV players, who couple days ago were rank 20's are as good as you because they performed well against some killers who had even less hours than them.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited September 2021

I played about six matches of solo survivor before I went to sleep last night, and in all of those games my survivors were competent to excellent. I escaped in each match, and only two sacrifices total occurred over those six matches. If I was being chased, my team was doing generators.. (which almost never used to happen in the old MM - 8/10 games would go on with only me on generators if I wasn't in chase).

Killer has been a crapshoot, really. My survivors have ranged from new, to average, to decent. Haven't gotten any death squads yet (which makes testing Pinhead exceptionally difficult since all of my data is a write off based on the teams I've fought.