The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is Midwich killer sided?

Leegend
Leegend Member Posts: 3
edited September 2021 in Polls

Is Midwich killer sided? 83 votes

Yes
16%
gneheheTapeKnotkonchokDr_LoomisKA149108Brokenbonesmeowzilla69DbD_EnjoyerHaunterofShadowsGGSlushymarios72GarlicRiceherbaljellyfishI_CAME 14 votes
No
39%
GibberishWalterBlackMiriamGDelsKibaraMrPenguinDetailedDetrimentSebaOutbreakLordRegalHanselpupHippieMadLordJackJay_WhyaskMapersonDerZuntorTripleStealgetuy45u4iuGannTMDatFastBoiDarthRevan21feruis 33 votes
Balanced
32%
BabyCameron10Aven_Fallenpizzaduffyhp90PetraaahhTaigaAGMCritical_Fishtenoresax[Deleted User]CornHubDeshglitchboiFobboDhurl421IlliterateGenocideadirgeforthedeadTsukiYureiJimboMasonPSPTrickstaaaaa 27 votes
RPD-bad for everyone
10%
TheSpnbrm[Deleted User]Robotfangirl67Warcrafter4landromatxtr4meDieGräfinAurelleUssu 9 votes

Comments

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Yes

Well it's definitely good for certain killers like Nemesis, Trickster and Pinhead. The tight corridors can make for some good opportunities.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited September 2021
    No

It's an awkward map that greatly inflates the skill gap between players from both sides. Playing against stronger opponent(s) here sucks.

Statistically on a large sample of pub games it's killer-sided.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    No

On certain killers it's definitely Killer sided, but for most Killers it definitely is not.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061
    edited September 2021
    No

No. There are some very specific builds that are decent on it, but for 99% of Killers builds it's completely Survivor-sided.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424
    Balanced

In order for this map to be Killer sided, it'd mean all Killers overperform in it, but it's very situational and RNG dependent for most Killers to have a smooth match in it. As some pointed out, Killers like Pyramid Head, Nemesis, Trickster, etc. have an incredible advantage on it, but others like Trapper, Doctor, Clown, Legion... will probably find themselves in tight spots.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549
    No

It's good for a small selection of killers, but otherwise I generally find it survivor sided.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044
    Balanced

Eh. Depends on the Killer and their Build.

Like, I went against a Demo yesterday: Ruin/Undying, Midwich-Offering, Add On which shows Auras after coming out of a Portal and Add On which shows Killer Instinct when someone is near a Portal without having to charge the ability. Totems very hard to find and Portals next to them, so unable to cleanse them.

THIS is an example of Midwich being killer-sided.

Other examples would be Stealth-Killers, Trickster, Nurse, Nemesis...

And other Killers will struggle, mainly those who need to follow a Survivor who is just holding W.

But for the most part it balanced, most Killers will have good and bad matches on Midwich, both fairly equal.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Balanced

As wack of a map it is, both sides have certain areas that are in their favor, so I'd say its wack but fair.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    No

There isn't anywhere on that map that doesn't have quick and easy access to the Dual Corridors Of Doom. Plus it takes a while to traverse. And it actually has some strong loops.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I said yes because the killer does not have to find totems and can already see the gens, so that is a benefit. But really I hate this map regardless of which side I am playing. Really it kinda sucks for everyone, but is slightly easier as killer.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Yes

Im a killer main and yes, this is the most killer sided map in the game, its always a pleasure to see its offering on my bloodwebs and i'll take it over any other addons (mainly because i dont use addons lol).

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    No

Lol

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014
    Balanced

quite balanced. i get about 50/50 escape or 4k on it

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545
    Balanced

It's one of Trickster's best maps and I almost always do excellent on that map. So it's definitely killer sided for me playing Trickster.

When I play survivor on Midwich though I do notice that some killers struggle on the map. So it really depends on what killer is being played.

• Hanselpup
    Hanselpup Member Posts: 187
    No

The size of the map makes it easy for survivors to repair generators, and forces the killer to take REALLY long patrol routes to generators. However, because of all the tight hallways and small rooms, it can become really confusing while running a chase simply because you can't see where you are or what you can use. The map is too dark, too big, and too confusing in chases. I'd say the map is survivor-sided, but it's just an all-around unfun map to play on for me.

• No

Survivors can just hold W through the hallways against most killers especially trickster or deathslinger for a good minute and without giving killer bloodlust even

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    No

Midwich is survivor sided because it is the only map when you can literally run in a staight line for ever without killer having chance to cut you of. Only Blight and Nurse actually feel good to play on this map, because Blight simply cuts down the 'hold w' part and goes straight for midgames and killer/surivor interaction while Nurse can go up and down floors without having to go around entire map to get to gen you can hear, but can't go to quickly.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited September 2021

Depends on what killer you're playing against. It's really tough for killers without mobility because the long hallways are a hold W gamers dream.

Against a killer where that doesnt really matter so much like hag, nurse, blight, and billy it favors them quite heavily.

Against killers that particularly struggle with this though, like a death slinger. myers, doctor, pig or nemesis it can be quite bad for them.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455
    No

It’s definitely good for killers with good mobility that can counter Shift+W

That said it sucks for everyone else