what is the incentive for me to increase my mmr?

LiunUK
LiunUK Member Posts: 944
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

harder matches, longer queues and less fun?

dbd is probably the only game that has an mmr system that dose not reward the players for reaching high mmr or even incentivise them to do so.

Comments

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140
    edited September 2021

I have asked this question multiple times and the best they can say is: "iT woUlD GeT aBuSeD" as if people don't intentionally derank already, and did before with the pip system.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

There isn’t one other than your own personal goals. I almost always let the last one live for this purpose.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

I guess if you really like nurses or sweat squads?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Mmr is not a reward. It is your match making rating. That is what it stands for, fam. Play how you want, and you get the lobbies you want. Want to chill? Cool, you can do that. Want to play without worrying about where you stand? Awesome, go for it. Want to challenge yourself? You have the choice.

It is really not that difficult to understand.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

No one is saying you should. Play normally and the system will place you where you should be.

Its probably one of the reasons we're not told our MMR. To avoid human nature's will to compete and one up one another.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,767

You like facing 4 slowdown Nurse/SWF Team 6 every game? Maybe you just hate yourself? You want a reason to uninstall DBD? Looking for a reason to complain on the forums? Idk

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Well for survivor I guess better teammates. Can't think of one for killer.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Yeah because the game should be designed around not hurting the feelings of people in a forum for nerds.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,959

blood points, I personally think it should have been iridescent shard since they can be used to get cosmetics, teachable and even characters but i guess BHVR is scared of how it would affect the community.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

They would either de-rank even easier or play the game in a specific way where they still get what they want & de-rank. I'm not naming names, but there's a certain streamer I watch who used to regularly de-rank to yellow ranks & when he tries to de-rank now it only lasts 1-2 games.

• There isn't one but intentionally losing matches isn't much fun.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

For me it's more interesting games. My primary incentive isn't to win, it's that rush from having a really exciting game. And sometimes I go against a group that is overwhelming, but that really motivates me and makes me want to do something to get better.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 576

Other purely your own aims & goals regarding performance for either side there isn't one.

For me personally as a survivor its to get as many teammates out as possible.

As a killer I just play for 12 hooks no tunnel no camp & provided I'm not going for adept i'll let the last one out (assuming they don't mange that all on their own of course)

I also like to run noed take them out & drop them off at the exit gate my own mini version of No One Ever Dies from NOED it's not how I want kills.

If I rank up I rank up if I don't I don't really care hopefully it's more fun for survivors & generally less stressful for me as a killer.

If I get destroyed by a solid group good for them if they wanna t bag at the end because I played nice whatever makes them happy it's just a game.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

The idea behind the MMR system is to create equally matched games, it isn't to reward you... play as you do, settle at the rating where you belong.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423

Don't think the focus is on a tangible reward for improving, only quality of the match you are playing.

• NOEDENJOYER
    NOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237

I'm considering become a Spirit only killer main or deranking to rank 20 because SKBM is actually nothing but misery and suffering.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Killers will probably let people go more than before to stay in lower mmr.

Survivors will troll and suicide.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

High blood pressure and hair loss 😥

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

MMR rating? Nothing. The satisfaction of knowing you get to experience the most broken aspects of this game's balance in nearly every match.

Grade? Blood points, if you're so desperate for them. About it.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Hunt showdown recently added the ability to see your mmr. You can also hide it too. Its for the most part very helpful to let someone know how there doing and if you aren't competitive you can hide it so its not in your face. Its started off hidden while the dev team was adjusting it so here's hoping behavior follows suit. Even with mmr people in hunt play casually messing around with janky builds, because the game is built well. If the baseline mechanics of killer is bad meta builds will be used to correct this. Dbd has no comeback mechanics no means to turn a game for either side. That is dbd's core issue that and awful map design.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited September 2021

Every casual game or casual mode as an MMR system, they're almost always hidden, and you're not supposed to care because it's entire purpose is to get you into more balanced trials, not to measure dicks.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

Fun is subjective. I enjoy going against competent killer players when I have competent teammates.

• MadLordJack

DbD is a very different game with a very different community. It would never work. People spent years trying to force other players to be competitive, gatekeeping discussions and outright attacking anyone who wasn't rank 1 whilst at the same time gleefully steamrolling weaker opponents and pretending they were just good.

• Axx

The incentive is to play with similar skilled people. Who wants to smash on low skilled people or have low skilled teammates?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited September 2021

Then you don't play at the level I'm describing.

High MMR is bad for Killer because they are basically only allowed to play Spirit and Nurse and maybe Blight. Any other Killer can't make it there and if they do, they get absolutely clobbered.

For Survivors, high MMR is awful because you won't see 95% of the cast of Killers.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

As killer? nothing.... As survivor the higher your mmr the less of an enemy your team is compared to the killer.

• Axx

I'm not on Oracle level, but I'm a fairly decent survivor, so yeah. What do you want out of the MMR then? If you are apparently very very top skill level, what do you expect? You know survivor is stronger and the very top level killer players know this so they play accordingly. Would you rather smash on worse killers or something? If you are a good player, you should face other good players.

• Pulsar
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

None.

MMR protects new players, thats it.

• Axx

Hopefully the MMR will show after a few months how bad high skill level play is in regard to killers played at that level and we will get some balance changes. I 100% can understand not wanting to face Spirit, Blight and Nurse all the time, but I also understand why good players use them and good players are going to be at the top.

• Zarathos

So obviously no naming but I see the majority of dbd content creators making fun wacky builds. There might be the odd popular meta build video but the majority of popular videos are things like ninja doc, franklins pinhead and usain bubba. These are definitely not competitive builds. Many content creators insist dbd is at its best when its a casual experience calling out complaints about swf as people wanting to have fun with there friends. The is a loud minority who want's dbd to have some kind of competitive streak but they are not the majority. It's important to distinguish improving does not mean competitive. Wanting a more varied dbd is not inherently competitive. Competitive is optimized builds with being berated for taking weird builds in. I have seen competitive communities lol, mtg sure the genre is different but if you think dbd has a competitive community you have yet to see what a competitive community actually looks like. I can't count a single reputable person who actually believes rank matters in dbd.

• MadLordJack

They're not just a loud minority, they're an extremely prevalent one of which many people you see here on the forums belongs to despite you not even realising it because of how reasonable they appear to be.

The content creators aren't the community. The community are the ones you play against. And where I'm from, my average trial length is 4 minutes and I often get told to play Nurse or Spirit.

• Pulsar

I think, unfortunately, that won't happen.

The Devs have had that data for years and have insisted that they will not balance it.

• Zarathos

Sounds like a rough streak never continue playing when you feel frustrated give yourslef time to relax dbd hilariously is not a game to chill with as killer at least. I firmly disagree with the whole content creators aren't the community, the influence they have on the community as a whole is crazy. This isn't just dbd look at games like among us that randomly exploded because a few streamers and content makers started to create interest. Many companies have turned to sponsorships for content creators in other games being launched. Content creators and "influencers" have great potential to sway general opinion on dbd when there arguments or perspectives align with the general feeling of players.

A lot of people on this dbd forums is ultimately competitive because this corner involves a lot of players who want change. I'm not going to name name's but look at some of dbd's content creators/"influencers" video's and check on the forums a day after there posted you'll see a funny correlation. if you have high mmr you will face better players and naturally they will have a competitive streak. The best advice I can offer is to not be afraid to soak a few losses when you want to mess around with less competitive killers and survivor builds. Nothings wrong with trying to accommodate the odd competitive players tastes but if there changes would horrendously harm the experience for the majority of players then there ideas will have to be discarded.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

Incentive? To play against better people and challenge yourself.

As for the debate about it being a survivor sided game, and that's the reason you don't want to go to higher MMR as a killer, give the system time to work. If the system works as it should, that should become clearly evident to the devs, and they start fixing things accordingly. I think that it was a huge mistake to hide the system from the players, though.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Honestly not much. I play the game as I did before the update. And I rather keep it that way. Don't wanna end up in the sweat ranks.