Grabs just don't exist.

TGB
TGB Member Posts: 301

And it's so, so, so... frustrating...

Don't tell us it's dependent on your latency...

As Killer, my animations get canceled every time. Actually every time. A good bit into their animation.

As SURVIVOR, I feel impervious to the idea of being grabbed. It never happens.

Obviously, I have the same ping on Survivor as I do on Killer.

Don't tell us one thing in order to cover up that you made it another way. (A way that directly picks Survivors.)

Anyone who plays both sides knows it's programmed to favor Survivors.

Again... Just good business, right? 4 happy people at the expense of 1?

I understand why you wouldn't be open about this business policy.

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

It's just a game of chance, I swear. Because believe it not, killers do get grabs against me, even though the game never give me any as killer.

• Jisp
    Jisp Member Posts: 13

I get a lot of grabs.. If you know vaulting angles and distances, you'll get them more.. But that timing requires experience.. Keep going

• Jisp
    Jisp Member Posts: 13

Well, if that's your response we can see why you can't grab anyone. Have fun.. Tried to help.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

"Don't worry guys we changed it so that you get at least a hit"

What actually happens in game. Survivor heals themself, you catch them in action. They get hit, speed off to a safe area.

Costs you the whole game, because that grab you performed perfectly took the hook pressure you need at that moment away.

Survivors proceed to stomp you because grabs are still bugged, teabag you, and humiliates you in chat because they think they "outplayed" you. When in reality you were outplayed by the Dev's themselves.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Are we talking about actual grabs here? Or you mean just pat on survivors backs while watching them gain distance while you standing there with extended arm in the air like an idiot? Because those are grabs I do know the best

• TGB

I assume she thinks all her window vault grabs on injured Survivors count towards her total grab tally. That's why she went off about vault angles and "experience".

Even though we aren't talking about that, but rather, gen grabs and totem grabs.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

Jisp was talking about your attitude, it's indicative of your approach to in game fails. The aggression is super off putting dude are you okay

• TGB

My attitude, yes of course, but never hers. Right? Hence, the perfect angel that she is.

She suggests I lack experience to know what I'm doing, while in the same breath, talking about window vault angles and whatnot.

Even though we're all talking about canceled animations.

Her "super helpful advice" was, at bare minimum, annoying. And to me, it was a little "offensive," though I didn't really take offense to it as much as I just assumed she got lost and clicked the wrong thread...

And now the white knights come in to tell me about my attitude, and etc etc, and now we start snowballing.

And for not a single FRAME in all of this will she ever think... "Maybe I was wrong."

Because she's been conditioned for... let's take a shot in the dark here...

About 26 years.

(Did I get it?)

• lordfart

Look I get what you mean about the comment coming off as patronizing, but it didn't seem intentional and your subsequent reponses are so intense. Not tryna white knight it just feels disproportionate in this context :S

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

They do exist. I got a grab on a Felix off a gen at the beginning of a match today when I was still in tier 1.

• TGB

I fight back harder than I was hit. So I get this comment a lot.

However, let's be honest. She said her remark, which has its issues. Then I responded with "LMFAO".

We can call it even up to this point so far.

Then she responds, continuing it, and says that me saying LMFAO is why my grabs get canceled.

????????????????????????????

She doesn't win this...

She is not in the right.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Got 2 just in 1 map.

One coming out of a locker but going back in, and one from a window coming towards me, it still used the behind grab animation from behind though.

• TGB

Yes, these are grabs where the Survivor can't cancel them, though. Maybe I should have specified this, but it seemed obvious from context.

Gen grabs.

Totem grabs.

Rescue grabs.

(Others I'm not thinking of?)

These are grabs that Survivors can cancel, and thus, WILL ALWAYS be canceled because the game is intentionally favoring them.

Window grabs, locker grabs, etc... The Survivor is stuck doing these actions beginning to end. So they can't cancel it and have the server choose to favor their screen over yours.

THAT... is what we are talking about.

• lordfart

Hahaha well hey I'd be lying if I said I wasn't guilty of fighting back harder than being hit, usually I do it on youtube where there aren't mods telling me to be nicer XD

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

The bare minimum they could do is make that hit when your grab gets canceled an instadown imo. As a Ghostface main it's infuriating how you can have the best ping on earth and grabs still get cancelled all the time.