The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why do chains go away with the box?

if Jane Doe is trying to solve the puzzle box, why do chains on the other survivors go away? it seems it would make more sense if those chains persisted until the puzzle box is solved/failed? If someone is just holding onto the box and running or solving a bit here and there, it makes zero sense to have the chains on ALL the survivors gone?

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

To give the survivors an advantage over Pinhead. Why else?

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

its simply to stop a survivor by sandbagging their entire team by taking the box hostage

like, a Meg takes the box and hides in a corner and wont solve it. the rest of the survivors literally wont be able to do anything to counter chain hunt.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318

I suppose it is so that the survivor holding the box has more of a target on their back. They're oblivious, have a personal chain hunt, and provide the box to Pinhead upon a down (or Franklin's). Downing the survivor holding the box is rather rewarding. I ALWAYS go after the one holding the box if they're close enough or comes across my path.