We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Why are there crows?

Options
TheDappaScrappa
TheDappaScrappa Member Posts: 103
edited September 2021 in Lore

Why are there crows in DBD. Like I know why crows are in the game mechanically wise, I understand that. I'm just confused for lore reasons, why are there crows in the entity's realm? Idk its 4AM and I had too much to drink but this has been bothering me for a week now xD

Does the entity just grab a bunch of crows after it snatches people? o.o

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

They fade away when you approach, so they're probably some kind of spectral thing and not actual crows lol

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Crows/Rats/Bats are usually used as the lowest tier antagonists in many a horror game/film.

• BlackMercury
    BlackMercury Member Posts: 172
    edited September 2021
    Options

The entity makes them. The only real animal in the realms is Maurice, the clown's horse.

• Gruo
    Gruo Member Posts: 129
    edited September 2021
    Options

They are not normal crows, they are part of the Entity. Everything in the realm is part of the Entity.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

^ These are correct answers.

The crows are not actually alive- they are not flesh and blood creatures who were taken from their worlds, kidnapped and trapped in the cycle of torment in the realm of the entity like the survivors were. They are constructs created by the entity during the process of creating the realms, which themselves are imitations of places where great tragedies occurred or have some dark history related to them in some way.

However the imitations themselves are not perfect recreations, hence why there are pallets and generators and things like that which occupy the trials. And this may explain why the crows act in an unnatural way, or relating to the malicious purpose of the trial itself, making perceptive killers aware of the location of survivors.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

The entity needed a believable way to spy on the happenings of the trials. Survivors and killers don't think much of the crows, and pay little attention to them. The crows would seem like a natural thing too in most environments, making their presence believable to the entities playthings. The crows are its eyes and ears, the trial is its body, and the killer is its hands to reap its harvest. Each piece of the trial is designed to give the entity essentially omnipresence, thus the crows. They are not alive, they are manifestations of the entity like most other things in the realm.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Well, what do you call a group of crows????