We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

New Pip update is killing the game

In the recent patch when they changed the ranks to grades, they also made it to where you can no longer pip down to a lower grade than your current one.

Since you can't pip down to a previous grade this has made many survivors not care if they die. Especially once they reach grade 1 because they have nothing to lose (besides invisible skill rating), so they suicide on first hook just because they got downed too fast.

Nearly every match I've played recently had someone attempt to escape on first hook then miss their 2 skills checks on purpose. They can literally just kill themself and continue to stay at their grade and just find a new match.

For the record my grade is Iridescent 1. I cannot see my skill rating of course but I do my fair share of at least 2+ unhooks and 2+ gens and loop the killer for several minutes each chase so the survivors I'm getting paired with should theoretically be of high skill.

Comments

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

They could be trying to lower their MMR, which we don't know if first hook suicides will do that or if they have provisions in the algorithm to prevent afk/first hook suicide MMR decrease.