Should Franklin's Demise Work on Lament Configuration?

Options

I've seen a lot of videos on this combination on Pinhead and I'm honestly starting to wonder if the interaction between Franklin's and Lament Configuration is intentional?

I get it, it makes sense as LC is an item you can pick up and carry around with you and solve at your leisure, yes but I know a lot of perks specifically won't interact with a killer's power eg. Pig with Unnerving Presence + her Jigsaw search box skill checks.

But what I've seen in these videos.. Utilizing Hoarder and Franklin's together the survivors can't even solve the LC until late in match. Chaining Chain Hunts together multiple times is just disgusting. I'm dreading eventually going up against this myself in my matches and now I really am considering getting Twins to get Hoarder (Though I think Franklin's is plenty enough). The ability to teleport to them and still knock the cube from their hands with Franklin's is just nutty. You don't even have to keep chasing them, as long as you just pick up the cube and reset it you maintain immense 4v1 pressure with the map-wide Chain Hunt.

I come here asking you all, and mods/devs as well I guess, is this interaction intended? Do you think it's OK? I can understand if Pinhead downs the person holding the box but Franklin's makes all of this seem way too easy. He already gets notified when someone is solving the box, can teleport to it and interrupt them and add-ons that slow the solving of this just make that even more feasible. I just don't know how to feel about it since it's such an oppressive effect for a passive ability. Come to think of it you really don't need Hoarder if you use the slow solve add on freeing up a valuable perk slot for something like Ruin to pair with nigh-eternal Chain Hunts.

Idk, I'd rather see the more active parts of his kit be improved in ways like him breaking his own chains for example or making the LC have a certain range survivors need to be in to see it until Chain Hunt begins. Idk there's so many positive changes that could be made to improve him in less, oppressive ways I think.

Comments

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

Franklin's Demise makes survivors drop their currently held item, the Lament Configuration just happens to be an item. Then, being in range of the Lament Configuration while it's on the ground causes Pinhead to pick it up automatically.

This isn't an interaction with his power, just a happy accident.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

If Pinheads wanna give half their build to this, I don't see why not. Pinhead can still only go after one single survivor.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,980
    Options

Hoarder alone is better than Franklin's. Once you down the survivor, you can interrupt the actions of all survivors. Combine that with Thrilling and they won't get that gen done anytime soon.

In other words, Franklin's on Pinhead is fine.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

It's just silly game mechanics. It's technically considered an item since you have to drop your item to pick it up.

Kind of like how No Mither still spawns blood orbs with Oni on a weird technicality.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

I disagree with people saying survivors are going to get it nerfed. Firstly, whens the last time genuinely bad survivors were catered to? With that in mind I think Franklin's should work with the lament box

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

On the contrary. I only wish that more Killers had powers that could be drastically complimented/augmented by perk combinations. Im tired of running from the same old bbq, corrupt intervention, undying and ruin build.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

You can't do gens while being chain hunted. You can't really do anything while being perpetually interrupted by chains. If Chain Hunt starts and he refreshes the Chain Hunt by getting the box from the person holding it everyone across the map is effectively paused from doing things or massively hindered in doing so.

By all means generalize everyone. I play both sides and I'm simply making an observation that using Franklin's to keep chaining Chain Hunts is nutty because it is. Survivors can't really do anything except find and solve the box while being chain hunted and if Pinhead keeps going straight to them and interrupting them before they can solve it and resetting chain hunts, how is that fair exactly?

What's the play here? Hold the box hostage like Victor? Please give constructive feedback instead of jumping to accusing my concerns to me being a "potato" because it's insulting. I don't want Pinhead to be nerfed or weak I just think this play style is potentially very problematic. Had I known everyone would be so rude I wouldn't have made this thread, goodness.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
    Options

Wow a situation where a killer can have SOME semblance of synergy. I tried that build and I think it is still pretty bad. So it is a non issue.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633
    Options
  • IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252
    Options

I wanna remind you that teleporting to the one solving the Lament automatically ends the Chain-Hunt. They lose the cube, too.

So if you wanna use this build, you will have to WALK to the one solving it. Only then you can chain Chain-Hunts together.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

The only thing that absolutely needs to be fixed is franklins causing the cube to be drop underneath dropped pallets so it's can't be grabbed or solved.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    edited September 2021
    Options

People: the meta is boring, shake it up.

Also people: a niche and unused perk are good on this one killer... nerf it so they too can use the meta.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options

Pretty sure teleporting to them makes it so they can't steal the box, it like "solves" the box or something.

• Reinami
    Options

Except that, in the current iteration of Pinhead. His base power is bad. The only time he IS good, is with chain hunts. So, people are finding out how to build around actually using chain hunts.

• Reinami
    Options

How is that a weird technicality? No Mither makes you injured and broken. Oni's power literally makes survivors who are injured drop blood orbs.

• Reinami
    Options

Right, almost like how his power was designed? The point of it, is that you want to prevent the chain hunts. In order to take this build, this pinhead likely isn't stacking gen slowdown perks. They are taking 2 perks to use a combo that synergizes with their power. This combo IS their gen slowdown. And for once we have a killer that isn't using ruin/undying/tinkerer to do it.

• Apollos
    Options

No Mither doesn't leave pools of blood, but it leaves blood orbs. It's weird that they're two different mechanics.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,331
    Options

1. Original Ruin change

2. Skill check perks not affecting things like snapping out of Doctor's madness

3. Hook counters in the survivor UI (smart survivors already remembered hook stages)

4. Freddy's nerfs

I'm sure there are others but these are the most blatant that came to mind.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Blood Orbs are from being injured. It has nothing to do with being Pools of Blood which is why Hemorrhage doesn't make more Blood Orbs spawn either.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

I'm sorry but I think that having to run a certain perk or perk combo to make a killer S tier is poor design. We saw what happened with Stridor Spirit.

This is why I think other areas of him should be buffed to compensate rather than making the oppressive aspect of his kit the only thing everyone focuses on.

Ruin is still pretty strong on Pinhead. If / when Chain Hunts starting triggering, survivors can't do the gens and Ruin regresses them creating a very nasty cycle of perpetual regression and bringing the game to a halt.

I know no one is listening but I'm not necessarily asking for this interaction to be "nerfed" I just wanted to know if it really, truly was intentional because seeing people keep survivors in a Chain Hunt for almost the entirety of the match seems crazy but if you all think that's fair and balanced then okay, no need to be so rude. You guys need to chill out, I just wanted advice, clarification and sensible discussion not skill shaming and drama. It's like if someone has a different opinion or a concern on here you all flip out.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

Pinhead can't really keep a chain active the entire match unless you get a small map like Wrecker's Yard. The box will spawn away from Pinhead and even with double solving addons he won't be able to interupt the person solving the box. As good as Hoarder's and Franklins are on Pinhead, they do struggle on large maps like Mother's Dwelling and Suffocation Pin/Azarov's Resting Place where survivors can pick up the box outside of Hoarder's range and can solve before Pinhead can reach to them.

• Apollos
    Options

Seems pretty pointless to me though, which is why I said it's a weird technicality.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,568
    Options

Yes, it should work like that.

The Chain Hunt IS his power.

• DarKaron
    DarKaron Member Posts: 615
    Options

Exactly. Pinhead has insane slowdown built-in, with counterplay on the Survivors' part.

If they made the solving time longer at base, or even outright removed the possessed chain altogether in favor of leaving the Lament unsolved in the Survivor's hands when he teleports, I'd have no problems with this setup.

Hell, like people have said, it offers a breach from the Corrupt Ruindying and Chili build.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

Oh god, here come the cryers that hate it when a killer has good, off-meta builds

yes, let's nerf Frank's and Hoarder so that the Pinheads will use Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/BBQ like every other killer

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400
    Options

Considering the ENTIRE change to franklins demise was because these dingbat devs couldnt figure out how to make it work with nemesis's vaccines, I am 100% certain this is not intentional.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

You do know he already has an innate Franklin's Demise effect when he downs a survivor with the box right?

All the perk does is to let the innate effect work on healthy survivors.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

If it didn't, all this would do is make Franklin's and Hoarder disappear altogether. Again.

Most killers already struggle to justify anything that doesn't slow the pace of the game down, so why reduce the number of perks showing up by making this change? I say leave it.

• Sickerton
    Sickerton Member Posts: 77
    Options

Now you get to explain to the class why you think an object which is picked up and used as an item, reacts to item perks, and is classified as an item by both the inventory and score system if you leave a match with it is not an item.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

What would you rather have?

A pinhead with hoarder+franklins or A spirit/blight with ruin+undying+tinkerer?

For the love of god stop nerfing everything the killer gets. Maybe if you let them have something nice you won't face the same 3 killers every game.

• Potassium
    Potassium Applicant Posts: 49
    Options

it's a build that isn't the "boring" "killer meta" so i say sure - keep and add more fun interactions like this into the gameplay and build diversity will go up which will lead to a more fun experience

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

Won't all pinheads run this same build if it is very META?

• FentV1rus
    FentV1rus Member Posts: 112
    Options

Something I was already testing and suspected, then Dowsey all but confirmed it in a recent video. Franklin's is not needed in this combo, and actually makes it less efficient. It's better to just use hoarder, and chase/down the survivor naturally. If you use Franklin's, it forces you to stop and pick up the configuration to start the hunt. This wastes your time, and lets the survivor get away. However, if you just use the hoarder notification, interrupt the survivor and down them normally, you automatically pick up the box and start the hunt. It's much faster, and you have a person to put on the hook.

As far as the interaction with Franklin's/Hoarder on the Lament Configuration, I suspect it will be changed. It was clearly the devs intention for the Lament Configuration to not be found very frequently by the Cenobite. With hoarder how it is, and addons to slow the solving of the cube, or extend your portal range, it is insanely easy to interrupt the survivor holding the cube.

Franklin's isn't the problem, Hoarder is. The easiest way to fix the issue is to make it so Hoarder doesn't notify the killer when the cube is picked up. Leave Franklin's as is, and let the killer be able to knock the cube out of the survivor's hand if they are lucky enough to find/catch the survivor holding it.

• Apollos
    Options
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

They nerfed Franklin on Nemesis so survivors could keep the vaccine.

Honestly, its a matter of time for Pinhead to get the same treatment.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 368
    Options

The hoarder/franklin's interaction should be kept because it's a nice, fun interaction with the killer's power. Is it annoying? At times it can be but is it busted? Not at all. I'd rather they keep this because we need killers that can run other stuff than just 4 gen slowdown perks. I mean, isn't that what we all want at the end of the day, a bit more perk variety in killers? So let's just keep this interaction, even if you find it annoying. They fixed Franklin's with Nemmy's vaccines so it won't be destroying items anymore which is fine now.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

It’s not silly, actually - it’s intended. It’s an item so it needs to be dropped by a basic attack with Franklin’s. Same with Oni - standard blood orbs are caused by (coding-wise) being INJURED, it has nothing to do with the actual blood.

• Apollos
    Options

My point with the blood orbs is that it's weird that it's a separate mechanic when it's essentially the same thing. I don't see why they wouldn't link it with blood pools, so it's a weird technicality linking it to the injured state.

The item thing is weird just because despite it being an item, it's not a typical item. It's like if the reverse bear trap were an item. Just an odd mechanic.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Reverse Bear Trap and the Lament Box are two different things, though. RBT is held by Trapper and Survivors can only interact with active traps (no pickup obviously). The Lament Box is an actual item survivors can pick up, use and drop like any other item - that’s why Franklin’s affects it.

Yeah, the Oni thing is weird but it’s good because then perks like Lucky Break or No Mither don’t deprive him of his power.

• Fogfactor
    Fogfactor Member Posts: 45
    Options

The point of the no mither and oni blood orb interaction is that No Mither SHOULD cause blood orbs to not spawn when against oni because the tooltip for No Mither says specifically that your blood coagulates instantly, and should, logically, not spawn blood orbs for oni.

Saying it works the way it does is INTENDED is something I don't agree with. I think they just didn't think about that interaction when coding oni and haven't bothered to fix it cause it's like a z-list issue they can ignore indefinitely.

• Apollos
    Options

Naturally, I get that. But it's still weird.

They should though. No Mither's only real power is that it prevents blood pools, so not preventing blood orbs makes no sense.

I think they just didn't think about that interaction when coding oni and haven't bothered to fix it cause it's like a z-list issue they can ignore indefinitely.

This is what I'm thinking.