Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is pin head so overpowered

Thesaviour119
Thesaviour119 Member Posts: 54
edited September 2021 in Polls

Is it obvious pin head is over powered, but they add such OP perks for killers but survivors don't stand a chance

Why is pin head so overpowered 116 votes

Yes
4%
ArmoredChickenLeovannidia_mintySustinasoulfire22 5 votes
No
90%
GibberishSeiko300BlueberryKaanaMiriamGTapeKnotF60_31ZarathosFalkner09DimekSacrilegeGGxiozenSkeletalEliteReikoMoripizzaduffyhp90xEaRevzi100MrPenguinShapedAGM 105 votes
Inbetween
5%
kaeru[Deleted User]shinobu149FrogDispenserExultAlwayzDeadly 6 votes
Post edited by Thesaviour119 on

Comments

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Pinhead isnt his perks and the perks aren't Pinhead.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    No

What a bait xD. He is literally the worst killer in the current roster. Even clown is better and can't have his power held hostage.

• Leovanni
    Leovanni Member Posts: 52
    edited September 2021
    Yes

Yes, because ever game I play against I have one-two DCs. Literally havent had a real game against him.

Edit: Had my first no DC pinhead game, immediately tunneled out of the game through DS. Love this game.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited September 2021
    No

I don't know

You are not overpowered for sure

• Exult
    Exult Member Posts: 101
    Inbetween

I'll be a black sheep and say that in the right circumstance I understand people feeling he's overpowered. He can be incredibly strong once you get a chain hunt active, but that of course relies on him getting the chain hunt at all. He's easily countered if a survivor team grabs the box and can manage a bit of chase which isn't that hard to do.

He definitely isn't overpowered, but seeing as I haven't played AS him I haven't faced the struggles on his side and can only speak for the handful of times I've seen Pinhead perform as a survivor.

• Sleem
    Sleem Member Posts: 182
    No

His power is niche at best, really bad at worst. Possessed chain gives me whiplash and motion sickness every time I use it. Only buy the chapter for the scourage hooks.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

What even is this poll in relation to your question?

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    No

Oof

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    No

Why is pinhead so overpowered?

Yes, No, Inbetween???

I don't understand xD.

If you think pinhead is OP, i hope you will never face a Nurse...

• fitch
    fitch Member Posts: 143
    No

Are you kidding me??

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Inbetween

He is only OP when chainhunt is active. Then yes, survivors can't do ######### and killer get free tracking and slowdown. Bonus points if survivors decide to play injured. God help you in that case.

But chainhunt can be easily prevented just by picking up the box. If you healthy you almost not risking solving it. Better solve it in save place with windows and pallets around. Survivos can even prevent chainhunt before it begins. So as survivor you are in full control of his ultimate ability. It means depending on survivor's playstyle Pinhead can be your angle... or yuor devil.

His portal ability is slightly better than clowns bottle if he catch you somewhere in open area. So stay around obstacles and you'll be fine. His portals more helpful in preventing actions than it helps in chase so you can basicly loop him as a regular killer. Besides his portal ability requires skill and you can also dodge it if you lucky. That often make him waste more time in chase.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    No

His chase potential reminds me of clown. You hit them with your slow so they drop the pallet. Then you continue hitting your even harder to land power to slow them so they have to drop the next pallet. But because this continues till a load of the pallets are gone all the gens pop and you lose. Its not like huntress, blight, or slinger where there's gaps in the chase where you can down em. He definitely has absurdly powerful add on's but with his summoned chains just being straight up awful for actual securing the down he loses to hold w and camp pallets.

That's against weaker survivors against excellent survivor they can evade your power with ease as there is an indicator to the approaching gate. I love this idea because you as a survivor have warning and can react but if it lands its a very weak slow for what can be significant effort. Then we get to indoor maps with pinhead this has some cool advantages. You can see through floor to check on what gens are being done but unfortunately it means his chains are extremely ease to break via the environment. Then there the lunge bug. It might be getting fixed but for the time being it is soul crushing.

• herbaljellyfish
    herbaljellyfish Member Posts: 115

Anyone that has a chance to solve the Lament, you HAVE to be in low-mid MMR. Every Pinhead I play against grabs the lament before any survivor feasibly can, even if it's the first thing they do. They force the initial chain hunt, effectively shutting down any chance of gens, healing or chase, and just keep doing so when it respawns. The passive ability literally wins them games for just picking it up. He's a no skill, high knowledge killer where if you know the lament spawns, you automatically win. He's the highest kill rate killer, and it's due to a passive ability that requires no skill. I wish for once I could have a game where solving the lament was even possible, but most will use the addon that hides it from survivors and just go pick it up, ensuring the win within the first 10 seconds of the game.

• Rookie1978
    Rookie1978 Member Posts: 75
    No

another classic "I don't like this killer therefore they're broken" post

Do you know what the game looks like from Pin's POV? He doesn't know where the box is. I find it hard to believe that Pinhead spends the entire game scouring the entire map like he's looking for a less obvious glyph instead of pressuring gens just to start a chain hunt that will literally start itself.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    No

No

• kaskader
    kaskader Member Posts: 283
    No

Pinhead is a joke

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809
    No

Pinhead is only OP vs full Solo Q lobby, where everyone has the "someone else will do it" mindset. Get anyone who knows what they're doing and he's not op anymore.

I had MULTIPLE people to die on me when i was playing as Pinhead, just because they decided to BM at the gate till the timer was too low and the Chain Hunt was on, so they got denied exit.

People lack basic brain functions when facing him xD

• YuiMain
    YuiMain Member Posts: 28
    No

he is just annoying

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326
    No

Pinhead is not overpowered in my opinion. What I hate about him, though, is that sometimes it takes 4-5 tries of trying to solve the box because the chains do not always properly stop hitting me while I am attempting to solve it. That almost always gives Pinhead the ability to teleport or walk over to me in time to prevent me from solving the box, and it feels super unfair.