We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

10 gens cooperating challenge

Options

In both the past tome and this recent tome level the challenge that we have to cooperate with other survivors for 10 generators do not work. It’s been happening for weeks now.

71 votes

Fixed · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyie
    Zyie Member Posts: 90
    Options

Finish 10 gens in a single trial? While cooperating with other survivors?

And you expect this to be possible, with 7 gens on the map, 5 max of which can be repaired in one game, how exactly?

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

Just joking.

However.. In theory it is possible to do that much repairing if you let the gens regress back.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

Just experienced this as well playing on the Switch.

• PlaytoTV
    PlaytoTV Member Posts: 22
    Options

I have the same problem. I cooperated and finished gens but no progress at all

• Fox_Mari
    Fox_Mari Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same here

• Jack12562145
    Jack12562145 Member Posts: 2
    Options

The same issue and not yet fixed. Just wasted many hours on this. :|

• kidd0
    kidd0 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Can confirm, "The Engineer's Guild" challenge on Level 4 does not gain any progress when working with other survivors on gens.

• Pound0fFlesh
    Pound0fFlesh Member Posts: 10
    Options

Can also confirm on PC.

Broken.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Has this been fixed yet? I am surprised they disabled Dead Dawg faster than fixing this challenge

• Zyie
    Options

I'm surprised that it's been this long, and there's 0 info about it being fixed, or that the devs even knows about the issue.

If you don't have Elodie, and you don't play killer/don't want to play killer, you're stuck and unable to finish the tome until the 10 gens bug is fixed.

I would think this was higher priority? It's not like this is the only post about the issue either, I've seen a bunch of duplicate posts about it, and it's a bug that has already happened before so they should know how to fix it quickly.

• KrustyNuggets
    KrustyNuggets Member Posts: 28
    Options

I'm not surprised to be honest. But they really need to fix this so their community can actually finish the tome.

• Minato
    Minato Member Posts: 4
    Options
  • Kotentopf
    Kotentopf Member Posts: 274
    Options

Just buy a 12$ Skin.

It won't work either, but you have a new skin!

• wizencrayfish
    wizencrayfish Member Posts: 58
    Options

i cannot get the generators to ######### either

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227
    Options

Same problem on Nintendo Switch. Can't finish it because it's not counting the coop gens.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 863
    Options

Same, just got out of a trail knowing i did at least one with via co-op. Snow map, PC.

• AwkWord
    AwkWord Member Posts: 1
    Options

Same issue still, PC, have done more than one gen cooperating in a trial and still shows 0/10

• poprocksandsoda
    poprocksandsoda Member Posts: 16
    Options

This bug is still occurring. Just did two and a half full gens from start to finish with someone else on the same gens the whole time and I'm still at 0/10 for the Engineer's Guild challenge in latest Tome VIII in level IV. I'm on Steam.

• Scarecrow
    Scarecrow Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2021
    Options

Just came here to report this same bug. It's been happening since the tome opened for me and still happening after my match I just finished.

Edit just to say I'm also on PC.

• Ouro
    Ouro Member Posts: 34
    Options

I have already reported this and they haven't seemed to even notice it, any of The Engineer's Guild challenges in any tome, is broken.

• Seraphar
    Seraphar Member Posts: 11
    Options

Not working for me either.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Same bug on ps4.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 916
    Options

I haven't tried this challenge yet, but I must say that, by the descriptions, it looks a lot like an old bug when you would spend many seconds on cooperative actions and the daily ritual that required it would count only something like 5 seconds. Maybe it's a similar thing affecting the Tome challenges, even though they ask for gen completion, not for time repairing it.

• KongKong
    KongKong Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2021
    Options

Just created an account to report the same issue.

The challenge "Engineer's Guild" is broken and not recording any progress of coop gen repair, whether in total repair charge amount or number of gens done.

It's particularly annoying since this challenge is in a key node in the tome 8-4. Please help fix it soon, thanks a lot.

• Fukse
    Fukse Member Posts: 106
    Options

The amount of genrushers in here, disgusting

• DarkPilgrim
    DarkPilgrim Member Posts: 2
    Options

Is still broken the achivement of the tome VIII level 4 "the engineer's guild"... Not are progression with the generators

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Why isn't this fixed yet? Shouldn't it be a top priority? Like with how fast they are closing other mentions of it, starting to feel like they just want to silence people long enough and hopes people stop complaining

• Zyie
    Options

The bug is still there.

I'm starting to think that at best, we might get a fix with 5.2.2, on the 28th.. That's nearly two weeks to fix what should be an easy thing to sort out, especially since the same bug has happened before so they should know how to fix it.

• elke_r
    elke_r Member Posts: 5
    Options

Happening to me aswell!

• bledd
    bledd Member Posts: 58
    Options

Gooby pls

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,770
    Options

Precisely. Anyone who doesn't play killer is forced to do a ton of killer just to move around this.

• gemgames_86
    gemgames_86 Member Posts: 28
    Options

I too am having the same problem. Did gens with other people and didn't count at all. Please fix soon!

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392
    Options

It's a known bug for now, but they really messed it up by not fixing with the latest update. They forgot I guess. Oh they don't care :)

• Gplays2000
    Gplays2000 Member Posts: 144
    Options

Exactly the same 😂 I‘m trying to do it for 2 days now and wanted to post about it as well. Just hopped on the forums to check if it wasn‘t working for you guys as well

• Bane_of_Games
    Bane_of_Games Member Posts: 92
    Options

Reposting from a post closed as a duplicate. I posted on that one because it listed the title of the challenge (THE ENGINEER'S GUILD MISSION BUG)

Confirming, this is still broken. Same platform, same description, same steps. I would note that I was touching 4 of the 5 gens when they were completed and worked on 3 of the 5 from start to completion (the 4th was about a third done when I started helping) always with at least one other survivor. I escaped if that matters. My perks were Kindred, Leader, Prove Thyself and Bond.

I was playing Dwight on the Yamaoka Estate: Family Residence if that helps but I had the same problem yesterday on different maps so I'm guessing not.

• katerbater
    katerbater Member Posts: 125
    Options

the earliest this was reported was 11-12 days ago. js

• Mu_ham_mad
    Mu_ham_mad Member Posts: 6
    Options

Maybe you forgot to use the template. Hehe.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273
    Options

Was wasting 2 days to get this challenge and nothing so yeah, its broken

• Nymaas
    Nymaas Member Posts: 28
    Options

PS5

Issue seems to be resolved with 5.2.2

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,770
    Options